SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Gibson 500T/496R pickups

What's Hot
 Looking for a pair of Gibson 496R/500T pickups. These are the ones that come stock in Flying Vs and Explorers. They also came stock in Les Paul Classics for ages. Maybe they still do.

I had a set I let go to @TTony for something silly like £60. I don't think he has them anymore but I'm hoping for some good forum karma to get some for a similar price! Would pay a little more for four conductor versions.
My YouTube channel, Half Speed Solos: classic guitar solos demonstrated at half speed with scrolling tab and no waffle.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 28443
    I had a set I let go to @TTony for something silly like £60.
    Hmmmm - was that a double black / uncovered set?

(If so, it was definitely a lot more than £60 ;) )
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Yes it was!

I remember you paid me a lot more than £60, but that was because I also sold you a set of covered PRS Dragon IIs at the same time.
    My YouTube channel, Half Speed Solos: classic guitar solos demonstrated at half speed with scrolling tab and no waffle.
    Ahhhh - those Dragon II's weren't worth much at all
    ;)

I *think* I still have the original Gibson p'ups in a box in a drawer in a cupboard somewhere.  If I find them, do you want them?

(and your memory is a *lot* better than mine - I seem to acquire stuff from all over the place, but can never remember who/where/when!)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yes, I'd love them! I assumed you'd got rid of them since I remember you advertising them for sale, but maybe no one bought them. 

I've still got the guitar they came out of and while I'm very happy with the Bare Knuckles I have in there, it'd be cool to have the option to put the factory pickups back in (and I have another guitar that wants them in the meantime!).
    I don't remember selling them - but then I don't remember putting them up for sale either!  I'll check when I get home tonight and let you know.  

(Assuming that I manage to remember to check ... !!)
  • I'm just about to rip a set out of my Les Paul Classic.  Just need to get the replacements
  • Great. Are they definitely 496R/500T? Having done some research, I've learned Classics have had '57 Classic humbuckers since at least 2014.

If they are the ceramic jobbies, and assuming TTony doesn't come up with the goods first, I'll have 'em.

assuming TTony doesn't come up with the goods first,
    ah, but, Tony has just been out to his workshop and found them.

Still in the original (BKP, VHII/Stormy Monday) box that you sent them in too.

I'll pm you.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11978
    tFB Trader
    I  have a set of the 500T/496R here too if anyone is seeking.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• Great. Are they definitely 496R/500T? Having done some research, I've learned Classics have had '57 Classic humbuckers since at least 2014.

If they are the ceramic jobbies, and assuming TTony doesn't come up with the goods first, I'll have 'em.
    Yep... my LPC is a 2003, which is a bugger as im just about to replace them with 57's!!