2017 Gibson models coming out, when does the 2016 Gibson fire sale begin?

What's Hot
The title explains it all. With the 2017 Gibson range coming into stores, I am expecting a fire sale of 2016 stock. Anyone with experience know when this will begin and how much of a discount I can expect to get for a 2016 LP standard T?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16976
    Mooster said:
    The title explains it all. With the 2017 Gibson range coming into stores, I am expecting a fire sale of 2016 stock. Anyone with experience know when this will begin and how much of a discount I can expect to get for a 2016 LP standard T?

just be ready for Black Friday on Amazon - if its like last year you have an hour or so before they are all gone
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31969
    I might be wrong, but I doubt it'll be like last year. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • I don't think we'll see the 'dumping' of stock we saw last year - yes, there'll be discounts on old stock but I don't think it'd be anything LIKE the difference.  Plus don't forget that that cost of the falling price of Sterling may wipe out many savings as dealer cost price will be rising quickly - if you're lucky the 2016 stock wouldn't have attracted this to the same degree...
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    I did buy a 2016 Les Paul Standard at Amazon in the sale in July for £1117 and its a really nice guitar.
    I don't think its unrealistic to expect a blow out in November
  • mortmort Frets: 720

For reference, 2015 Standards were priced at £1049 on Black Friday last year.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • The 2017 Standard "high performance" models just look wrong. Those chrome pickup surrounds are yuck. 

Also what's with getting rid of the pickup selector switch surround? Would have to add one of those...

"Traditional Traditional" for me please, in Antique Burst. :) 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    I'll take an R9 at £1200....on finance.....low deposit please...

*sigh*
  • mortmort Frets: 720
  • I'm surprised to see the 2017's aren't on fire sale yet. 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Can't even see why guitars that are essentially classics are in a yearly refresh. Nobody except a complete nut job will have say a standard from every year.

i agree that these days all the rules about brands come into play but annual refresh of a classic is mad in my mind.

shame they can't spend that time developing something for the future. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    I keep wondering - what happened to all the unsold CS "50s Style Historics" with the short tenon?

Can't even see why guitars that are essentially classics are in a yearly refresh. Nobody except a complete nut job will have say a standard from every year.

i agree that these days all the rules about brands come into play but annual refresh of a classic is mad in my mind.

shame they can't spend that time developing something for the future. 
    The did.. the Firebird X. and previously the Dusk Tiger... people don't want them

• And the Reverse V, and flying Z, the Vegas, the Midtown, the Eye, the Firebird Zero, the Zootsuits, the Moderne, the Corvus, the MIII, the Futura, the other Futura...

Nobody really wanted those either :)
    And the Reverse V, and flying Z, the Vegas, the Midtown, the Eye, the Firebird Zero, the Zootsuits, the Moderne, the Corvus, the MIII, the Futura, the other Futura...

Nobody really wanted those either :)
    Lets not forget the RD artist.... :)