SOLO of the Month #20- And the winner is...............

Comments

• Nice work @Bellycaster. A well deserved win 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice work all, I knew I was in trouble when I heard all the entries!

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• Brilliant as usual @Bellycaster . Very inventive and lovely use of the sound stage. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• Thanks very much chaps.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • paul_c2paul_c2 Frets: 410
    Well done, it was a deserved win but it was also great to see so many entries, and the others were certainly good too. It was my first time, I enjoyed the whole process even though I didn't get any points. Definitely looking forwards to the next competition. I know there's always a demand for backing tracks too, hopefully after a bit more familiarisation etc I could have a stab at one of these?
  • Yep, good show, for a while I was in the lead and dreaming of winning at the first try, but no shame to coming second to such a good effort.  Especially since the score was 13.5 points per guitar ;)
  • By the way thanks to Antique and Stratman for their efforts running the comp, it was a great exercise and hoping to join in in the future. 
  • Well done. A worthy winner and good entries all round.
    It's not a competition.
  • VeganicVeganic Frets: 673
    Congrats to the top 3.

Any reason why I can't download the tracks?
    As you can probably tell from my entry soloing has never been high on my agenda but I might give transcribing a few of these a go.  If I can download them I can slow them down to my pace. If not then never mind as I probably won't find enough time anyway.  :)
  • markvmarkv Frets: 460
    Good stuff this month and very nice to see a good number of entries. Well done @Bellycaster!

@Veganic - each track in Soundcloud can be marked as downloadable but looks like it wasn't set like that when uploaded, for whatever reason. If you ask the people whose tracks you wanted to transcribe they would probably be able to send them to you. They might also be able to give you some insight into how they approached it.
    @markv ;

Now I have thought about it I can just record them to mp3 and use that. Don't want to be a pain. 
  • We don't make the entries available for download normally because they belong to whoever submitted them so we don't want to be seen as distributing other peoples material. 

However if you contact the people who produced the tracks you like I'm sure they would happily email them to you.
    Old Is Gold
    edited November 2016
    We don't make the entries available for download normally because they belong to whoever submitted them so we don't want to be seen as distributing other peoples material. 

However if you contact the people who produced the tracks you like I'm sure they would happily email them to you.

Thanks for that.  My thinking is most of these have the guitar high in the mix and there is no option to cheat and google a video or tab so it will be good practice for transcribing and melody. I think I will start with the winning entry as I may have underestimated how much time it might take. I trust @Bellycaster has no objections.  
    You're welcome to my track, I've already uploaded the isolated (bass) to my Soundcloud:

If you can work out what I played, let me know because I improvised the middle bit and I've forgotten what I played LOL.

• Could be an interesting challenge to try and tab it out. What software do people use?
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2097
    Good show everyone...

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • Could be an interesting challenge to try and tab it out. What software do people use?
    I use Guitar Pro 6 for guitar solos and specific guitar parts, using standard notation plus tab.

I've recently gone back to Sibelius for general purpose charts.

It's not a competition.
    @modellista ;

I have 4 or 5 bars of the winner done using Tuxguitar on my phone. It produces guitarpro files. It is slow going so I may have to fire up the computer.
  • Nice job by all involved. Congratulations to Bellycaster.