NGD Highway 1 Strat

What's Hot
rlwrlw Frets: 4773
Just came from sunny France courtesy of Richardj and I have to say this is the best sounding guitar I have ever bought.  Don't even mention the setup - notes are perfect to the very end of the neck - and the thing is sooooo easy to play.

Totally gorgeous thing and I love the sound - sort of blues/rocky and the high strings do that lovely Stratty ringy thing.

Effing bleeding perfect and if I could post a pic I would.....

Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2916
    Nice :) if it came from Richard it will be all good. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader

That used to be mine :)

And @maw4neu 's before me.

And yes, it's lovely. The playability was perfected by @SteveRobinson so it should be good.

• rlwrlw Frets: 4773
    martinw said:

That used to be mine :)

And @maw4neu 's before me.

And yes, it's lovely. The playability was perfected by @SteveRobinson so it should be good.

You should have kept it - its nigh on perfect. =)
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2916
    Good history which is nice ;)
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    I so pleased you like it, it has a fine pedigree and is a properly good Strat. If only I hadn't been so weak when I was offered the  Roadworn. Enjoy.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    It's nice when a guitar goes around a community like this.
    Happy NGD.

Highway 1 was one of their best.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AustrianJohnAustrianJohn Frets: 1704
    edited November 2016
    What's the going rate for a very good condition Highway 1 Strat (2004/5), Amber?
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    I haven't seen a Highway 1 around for ages until this one.

Mine was flat black with rosewood and standard except for CTS pots/switch/jack and wiring and bone nut/fret dress/set up.
    All cost £100 on top of the price of the guitar and was the only strat i would have again.

The only thing i would have done if i had (Sensibly) kept it would have been to upgrade the Block for a bit more sustain but that's splitting hairs. Into the appropriate Marshall amp and being sufficiently devoid of the ear-plug-police-brigade, more sustain was never that hard to find.

If i was looking for an unmodified Highway 1 now, in my old 'Flat black/Rosewood' colours,  i would be pleased with £400 and anything under that i would see as a bonus.

This guitar beats the shit out of a Mex standard in every way.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4773
    What's the going rate for a very good condition Highway 1 Strat (2004/5), Amber?
    I think I got an absolute bargain at the price I paid (look for the ad.....).  It's as good as my nearly new American Special, condition wise, and it sounds far better.

Which may lead to another Olympic white strat appearing for sale very soon.
    Richardj said:
    I so pleased you like it, it has a fine pedigree and is a properly good Strat. If only I hadn't been so weak when I was offered the  Roadworn. Enjoy.
    Weak? Or wise?   They just clutter up the house after all,
  • I have a 2007 Highway one strat which is a great guitar plays and sounds really nice. This one has Rio Grande vintage tallboy pickups and although I've had a few strats over the years this highway is by far the best!