best thinline tele copy recommendations?

What's Hot
mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
edited November 2016 in Guitar
I love my Korean Maisons and they are mainly unknown but were hand made with good woods (only low end thing about them was basic Korean hardware/pickups). Eg we had a guest band hosting our band jam/open mic and the guitarist played a proper Gibson SG handed him my cheapo maison and his jaw hit the floor. He fell in love with it and ended up playing it for part of the night.

So are there any similar thin line semi hollow tele copies out there? Of a similar story. Actually used some quality woods not laminates or cheap wood were very well made with (like my maisons) and action that would make an ibanez shred machine look sheepish. Something less well known that can be picked up for a lower end price but with some hardware changes and new pickups would rival if not walk all over the real thing.

would appreciate any recommendations

thanks

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• G&L ASAT or whatever it is called?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Squier Thinline Classic Vibe surely?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • rossirossi Frets: 1713
    Vintage do a nice one .
  • mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    Do vintage use real, good quality woods or laminates (same with squire). Really looking for something probs can pick up s/h in same vain as the maison (sold for budget-just climbing ladder price but used real solid woods of high quality) surely that must exist somewhere? 
  • The Squier CV Thinline Tele is solid (or hollow, you know what I mean) mahogany. I doubt you'll find any CV owner complaining about the quality of the wood. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • G&L tribute or Squier classic vibe
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31155
    Get a MIM for around 375, and put Oil City wide range in it.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Asking price for the MIM Thinlines has rocketed up, most people want £600-700 for them now, although there is a nice MIM '69 Thinline on ebay for £500 BIN.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31155
    Asking price for the MIM Thinlines has rocketed up, most people want £600-700 for them now, although there is a nice MIM '69 Thinline on ebay for £500 BIN.
    I sold one recently- it took ages- I took 425 for it

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

Cool will look at both options and have a look at what they are and spec etc, just assumed squire may not be as choice woods, appreciate the advice ;)
  • riscadoriscado Frets: 180
    edited November 2016
    Best one you could get in my opinion would be a Danocaster. If you want cheaper and quite decent a fender classic 69 thinline.
    For feel, consistency, quality, sound and response, nothing beats a danocaster though.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28032

Mr GSP.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Very nice ;)
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1793
    Wis for @TTony as that's what I've got too, second hand values for handmade stuff like that are often ridiculously low compared to a brand name.
    what WRHB have you got in there Tony? I'm considering putting one in mine too.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • Gassage said:
    Asking price for the MIM Thinlines has rocketed up, most people want £600-700 for them now, although there is a nice MIM '69 Thinline on ebay for £500 BIN.
    I sold one recently- it took ages- I took 425 for it
    New Kings Road Vintage Guitars have had one (17 years old with a partly rubbed off headstock decal) on ebay for many months and they want £695 for it! No wonder it hasn't sold. £425 is a good price, the Thinlines were always quite a bit more expensive than the 50s/60s Classics.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28032
    @BigMonka ;  

They're both Oil City pickups - I rarely buy/use anything else these days.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.