NGD X1.5

stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5422
edited November 2016 in Guitar
As I've bought two guitars in the past month I thought I'd combine my NGDs into a single thread. One of them I've bought back, so it's not really an entirely new guitar day. 

First up is a Faith Naked Mercury acoustic. 
I wanted a NICE acoustic guitar- all my previous ones have been for taking traveling/camping & whilst decent enough I've never had a "good"  all solid acoustic. 
I like smaller, satin finished guitars & this ticks those boxes. The thing that amazes me is how lively the Faith feels. When you play the whole body seems to come "alive"- you can feel each note through your chest. 
I'm really enjoying it and am quite surprised by the jump in quality from more budget models- despite the lack of cosmetic flourishes it feels like a quality instrument.

The second guitar I bought is one I've owned before! Its a Raygun Relics SG Jr, I sold it last year (mistakenly believing that a real Gibson would inherently be "better") and immediately regretted it. After some detective work I finally managed to track it down & buy it back. 

It's light, resonant & the P90 snarls like it should- it's huge fun to play. The awesome looks are a welcome bonus. 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    There is no way that RayGun is anything other than a whole. Happy Double NGD

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    That SG !!!
    Wow from me, that's a proper guitar isn't it?

Nice one !
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Awesome to get the Raygun back - hopefully you'll make the same mistake again and it'll be mine *evil laugh*
    Stop crying, start buying
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Moss said:
    Awesome to get the Raygun back - hopefully you'll make the same mistake again and it'll be mine *evil laugh*
    http://i.imgur.com/c2o5uu5.jpg
  • That Junior is droolsome!