Heel strap button advice

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    No apology needed @Alnico - I don't know what's more worrying, your planned abuse of a poor defenceless SG or your impatience for a strap... 

"I'm getting impatient for the strap" sounds too public school Billy Bunter for my liking... ;)
    I once bumped into a guitarist friend in Tesco.
    As we walked together, chatting about guitars, we were discussing the merits of practicing standing up against sitting down with the guitar. I have always felt that it's counterproductive to sit down and practice because when you stand up and play, it all feels different, arms at different lengths etc.
    So there we are chatting about exactly that and as we both agree with each other, it's quite an animated conversation and i haven't got a quiet little voice.
    I hadn't noticed our proximity to the end of the aisle but i had sub-conciously become aware of a noise around that corner, getting closer. It was like a gaggle of geese, it was actually a fairly large group of teenage girls, all doing that constant mono-tone giggle as they walk.

Skip back to guitar land as as we rounded that corner, more or less walking straight through the middle of that group of walking-bristling-hormones, i was just in the process of proclaiming that..........

"It's been ages since i played standing up with a strap on !"

The air went blue, then VERY quiet for what felt like 10 minutes as EVERYONE stopped and looked up and then the whole place got VERY loud.
    It's a moment i will never forget and i still can't look at a guitar strap without thinking of that look of shocked-not-quite-so-innocence on those girls faces.

Sometimes just being a musician is enough to make every day fun.

To apologise for this monumental hi-jack, i have around 4 Grolsch top rubbers that i will post to anyone who wants them as pairs. Just PM me your address, i have posting to do tomorrow anyway.

:)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30322
    The only drawback with the Dunlop Straploks is you don't get a drink with them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom