Budget NGD: Vintage V120 / LP-Jr. style singlecut

I'm really impressed with this guy, I picked it up from eBay from someone who had recieved a pair of them for his birthday, and so it was very mint-  plastic still on the guard, strings still good, and really nothing to complain about quality wise. FWIW I picked iit up for about £175 which in retrospect was a little on the high side compared to average market value but I'm not too worried.

The guitar is a 24.75" scale length, single cutaway - pretty traditional spec in that it has 3+3 vintage tuners (wilkinson branded, not great but serviceable) a graphite nut, 'normal' frets on a rosewood board, a wilkinson P100 pickup and a compensated stoptail bridge.

The P100 is stacked IIRC which means it's not quite as strident as real P90 so I have ordered (and recieved, but not yet fitted because I'm an idiot and bought the wrong cover,) an Oil City P90 'Firewatch' from @TheGuitarWeasel (Oil City Pickups) and some big CTS pots and a PiO cap. 

Overall I'm very impressed - there's basically nothing wrong with the guitar at all - it reminds me alot of the Squier CV 50's Telecaster in the sense that if there's something you can't do, it's down to you as a guitarist rather than a fault of the instrument. 

I made a little video with some sound clips, here:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom