Anyone up for some collab recording? (See post for samples)

What's Hot
Hey all, not sure this is the right place to post this but if not just let me know and i'll move it wherever.

Anyway, i've started playing over some fusion tracks, and recorded myself using basic recording techniques.,  See sample video below :)  I'm looking to work with someone who knows what they're doing and wants to collab on a few backing track ideas, and maybe trade playing/writing ideas etc.  Not 100% sure i've made myself clear haha but the video is a sample of the sort of style i'm looking to work on with someone.  Theres a couple more vids on my channel too so have a look, and any players/studio buffs get in touch!! Be good to join forces and make sweet music all night long.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6225
    I'm afraid you're not up to the standard of most of the players on the forum and might find it hard to find anyone to collaborate  with.

A few more lessons from Mr Weedon's book should sort you out ;)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2097
    Errr.....right....so when you say someone who knows what they are doing....I mean, Im an electrician if that helps ?

What else could I possibly offer?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsql said:
    I'm afraid you're not up to the standard of most of the players on the forum and might find it hard to find anyone to collaborate  with.

A few more lessons from Mr Weedon's book should sort you out ;)
    That gets my vote as the funniest post this month :)

@craggle_rock, that's pretty astounding guitar playing. I think you've scared everyone away.

It's not a competition.
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5317
    are Larry Carlton or Robben Ford on the forum, reckon thats the standard of player you want be playing with mate, stellar chops
  • I can make my guitar sound like a chimp playing he flute.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • I can make my guitar sound like a chimp playing he flute.
    "He flute" is not a euphemism I've come across before. I'm not sure I actually want to hear that noise. ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @craggle_rock ;   That's worth a wow.  Do you have any YT vids of you playing this stuff live?
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    edited November 2016
    I've got some pentatonic blues licks in my locker if that's what you're after?  lol.
  • Haha cheers for the compliments guys :-) I've only just got into this style of playing, and basically i'm more after working with someone whose savvy on the recording/engineering side of things as i'm looking to create some cool backing tracks in this style and hopefully over the next few months/years get into live playing with them.  So it wouldn't so much be trading licks etc. more working towards some funk/fusion backing tracks.  Hope this makes sense??!  Perhaps i'm just a madman who has gone a tad too far.......

@steamabacus (not sure how to tag people so that may not have worked haha)  I don't have any live recordings yet but as mentioned above that's where i'm aiming.  Just uploading some vids to my new YouTube channel atm to give people a feel of what i'm trying to do etc.

Anyway thanks for reading guys, if anyone fancies giving it a shot hit me up, if not then happy guitaring!! :-) 
  • I made a Xmas song that has some trombone e on it once. that doing anything for ya?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Let's hear it!
  • paul_c2paul_c2 Frets: 410
    I guess at the moment you are playing to a backing track consisting of drums, piano, bass and rhythm guitar? I can help with recording (played, not sampled/systhesised) bass and possibly rhythm guitar. I can't see much of a problem with 'synth' piano (I can't do it but someone else could program/record it?) but live drums are going to be an issue. I can program and record a basic drum machine but its not going to be the same as, obviously, live drums.

A starting approach might be to get a "guide track" laid down with a synth then add the instruments one by one, get them all together and someone put it all together into a coherent recording.

So...bass and maybe rhythm guitar, let me know if you can find others.

• Let's hear it!

ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2097
    Haha cheers for the compliments guys :-) I've only just got into this style of playing, and basically i'm more after working with someone whose savvy on the recording/engineering side of things as i'm looking to create some cool backing tracks in this style and hopefully over the next few months/years get into live playing with them.  So it wouldn't so much be trading licks etc. more working towards some funk/fusion backing tracks.  Hope this makes sense??!  Perhaps i'm just a madman who has gone a tad too far.......

@steamabacus (not sure how to tag people so that may not have worked haha)  I don't have any live recordings yet but as mentioned above that's where i'm aiming.  Just uploading some vids to my new YouTube channel atm to give people a feel of what i'm trying to do etc.

Anyway thanks for reading guys, if anyone fancies giving it a shot hit me up, if not then happy guitaring!! :-) 
    How are you recording at the moment?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • Logic Pro X........Guitar goes through a Pod Hd 500