While my G String gently snaps

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    edited November 2016
    DLM said:

Cool beans. I don't know the area, but it's very close to Erlangen, where the singer in my band studied, and Thomann, obvs.

What's your favourite beer from the region, then?

It's a little bit further away, but I sometimes have this one, just finished a crate with my friends:

http://www.getraenke-rausch.de/images/Aktien Zwickl.jpg

Yep - that's it - stayed in a village just north of Erlangen. Beautiful part of the world. The local brew is great, but I'm really partial to a Schlenkerla Rauchbier from up in Bamberg. 

There's an importer just down the road from us that sells it!! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Ah, I've seen the Schlenkerla about, sounds nice, I'll try it, thanks for the tip! :)
    DLM said:
    Ah, I've seen the Schlenkerla about, sounds nice, I'll try it, thanks for the tip! :)
    Some see it as an acquired taste as its 'smoked' - but once upon a time it was how all beer was made ;)

All this talk of beer has made me forget my g string woes for a bit
  • Could you take the approach of stringing through a ball end, then through the wraptail, to move the bending point further?
    edited November 2016
    Could you take the approach of stringing through a ball end, then through the wraptail, to move the bending point further?
    Do you mean loop the string through the ball end first, and then through the wrap tail? Or adding an extra ball end down the string? If so, possibly - I will try next time the g string breaks (which will invariably be today)
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30322

Not sure I could be rude to them - they are lovely people and their beer is exceptional.

Good God man!
    Have you forgotten all about the war?
  • Could you take the approach of stringing through a ball end, then through the wraptail, to move the bending point further?
    Do you mean loop the string through the ball end first, and then through the wrap tail? Or adding an extra ball end down the string? If so, possibly - I will try next time the g string breaks (which will invariably be today)
    Thread the G string through an old ball end, then thread the string through the bridge.That pushes the string a couple of mm further through the bridge which might be enough to move the bending point from a weak area to a stronger one. Maybe :)

I've had Pyramids in the past and found them a bit weak at the ball end too. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14846
    tFB Trader
    I was going to drop them a snotty email last night - but realised my German isn't good enough for a rant ;)
    polite approach first then if that fails take the Basil Fawlty approach but don't mention the 
    and if that fails you can mention 1966 and a Russian linesman with incredibly good vision - did Pete Townshend write I can see for miles about him ?
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11445
    DLM said:

Cool beans. I don't know the area, but it's very close to Erlangen, where the singer in my band studied, and Thomann, obvs.

It's a little bit further away, but I sometimes have this one, just finished a crate with my friends:

Odd container for shaving foam.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3614
    I've used lots of sets of pyramid strings and have had no issues whatsoever. Must be in excess of 100 sets to date.

ESBlonde said:
    I've used lots of sets of pyramid strings and have had no issues whatsoever. Must be in excess of 100 sets to date.

I've used an awful lot too and never had this issue either!
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30322
    Change to Daddarios.
    Sassafras said:
    Change to Daddarios.
    Don't like them.

Too bright.

And they are under too much tension for my girly hands.
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    scrumhalf said:
    DLM said:

Odd container for shaving foam.

Don't be daft, it's not shaving foam, it's moustache-growth formula!

http://darkroom.baltimoresun.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/REU-FRANCE_-3.jpg