NPD - Creamery Strat 90s

kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
Set of these arrived today from Jaime. A short reminder of how shoddy my soldering is later, and I have them installed in my musicman sterling cutlass. Absolutely blown away. The stock pickups weren't bad, but these manage to be grittier, bigger and yet clearer and more articulate. The bridge in particular is fantastic. 

Very, very impressed.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3112
    I installed my Creamery Strat size P90's a few days ago too, equally impressed....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    @paulnb57 where did you set the pickups heights? For lack of a ruler I just did it by eye and it seemed to sound good, but suspect need to tinker a bit more. 
    Still experimenting like you, currently about 5mm from the strings with the strings fretted at the last fret, very pleased with them, still recognisably Stratty but with more drive and warmer...Like you I particularly like the bridge pickup, I think it would be a good alternative to a SC size Humbucker at the bridge with singles at middle and neck.....I have a set of Tele size P90's from The Creamery in my Thinline Tele which influenced my decision to use them on the Strat....currently waiting for a Red '79 Tele bridge pickup from Jaime too for my Esquire......it's fair to say I like his products!....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

Just been and checked about 3mm on the treble side and 5 mm on the bass side, they don't seem to cope very well at higher gain, especially the middle and neck, which get a bit boomy  on the low strings, but are great with a bit of overdrive. Mine were wound a little hotter than standard at my request to be similar in output to the Tele set.....

• kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Cheers. Mine are stock and seem OK with high gain but that's through headphones so will have a blast with an amp tonight. 
    edited November 2016
    Maybe I need to lower them a bit.....and also my amp is a little Ampmaker 5 watter into a 10inch speaker, so some compromise there, it actually sounds like the speaker cant cope!......

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2916
    We are spoilt by these cool pickup makers based here in the U.K.

An update, I moved my Creamery P90's around, My white Strat now has the bridge P90 along with BK Mothers Milks at middle and neck, which turned out as good as I hoped.....
    My Stratele now has Creamery P90's at middle and neck and a SD Lil 59 at the bridge, equally successful
    I thnk my initial wiring of the P90's must have been duff, because now they are bright and edgy, full bodied and chimey, coping with all levels of drive, very nice indeed......