Pignose no sound problem

jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12457
I got this little pignose 7-100 jobbie spares or repair.

The issue is - no sound. Ive continuity checked all wiring and it seems fine, although I'm not great with this stuff. Visually there are no damaged components or burnouts etc.

If I use it as a preamp and crank the volume on the pignose there is a very quiet fuzzy signal into my guitar amp, this however is only achieved with the jack pulled out a little bit from the back of the pignose. I have a brand new set of batteries in it but no power supply.

Any ideas techy types? very frustrating as I want to get my Zappa on

Cheers

"OUR TOSSPOT"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73047
    I think last time I had one that was nearly totally dead like that it was the power transistors, but I can't remember for sure, it was a while ago.

Having the plug pulled out slightly should re-connect the 1K load resistor on the jack, I think - so it might be allowing a little signal to couple through via the ground or something.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12457
    Thanks man, will check it out :)
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1209
    edited January 2014
    check the batteries are all placed perfectly (you'll think they are, but try again). I've had no sound with new batteries and found it was very finicky about the connectors. Adjusted a few and it came to life.