Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

eBay Content - My eyes! My precious eyes!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Is "Berminger" an actual wood or does he mean "Bubinga" ?

Wow - Come back Epiphone, all is forgiven !
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1284
    In a weird kind of way I actually quite like that, it's almost like somebody's taken a random piece of driftwood and done the absolute minimum to turn it into something like a guitar...
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5037
    Oddly enough, I like the headstock..
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    JayGee said:
    In a weird kind of way I actually quite like that, it's almost like somebody's taken a random piece of driftwood and done the absolute minimum to turn it into something like a guitar...
    I have always wanted a Telecaster made from really old railway sleepers.
    As unfinished as it's possible to have but two pieces joined together and cut into a perfect Tele shape but rough, split, open pores and the colour is what it is.

I live (Almost) opposite the railway station here in Bedford.
    I think a quiet word with the maintenance crew about "Can i have an old sleeper please, here's a consideration for your xmas beer fund lads".

No, before you ask, i have not considered if it's the right kind of wood or not, i just thought it would look and feel cool.

I'd call it the 'Chiltern Chugger' after a particularly top notch rail service that runs through here. 

Anyway, there's another great guitar idea that will probably never happen.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30322
    Next time there's a derailment in the Bedford area, we'll know where to look.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12530
    It looks like a mutant BillyBo. I almost like the body, like Wez says there's a fair degree of skill in the woodworking. The fit of the paler inlay into the darker back is very well done. That headstock though.  :o