NGD - not quite the norm.

Unfortunately, this has been an (almost) nil cost acquisition - so 2 guitars have gone ~(one PX, one sale) and an amp to fund this, but Im VERY VERY happy :)

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u65/paulmapp8306/P1030558.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u65/paulmapp8306/P1030559.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u65/paulmapp8306/P1030560.jpg

Many thanks to Mark at guitars4you.  Superb service as always.

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513

Wow! Three P90s on an Anderson!

Can we also have a "Phwoar" button, please? That colour....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    I've always really wanted an Anderson. Lovely guitars. It's very nice indeed.
  • Awesome. I know you've been posting about this guitar for a little while so good news you got it and it lives up to expectation. 
  • It really is nice to play

Sonically, its hard to place.  Not only is it P90s, its also a mahogony body and neck - though a bolt on.

Its like a strat, but with less chime, and more muscle compared to my strat.  You still get a little of the openness you loose with a HB.  The strat quack is also there - again a warmer gruntier version though  There a pull pot that adds bridge - so you get a tele mid position type clean as well - again a little warmer than my tele.  None of that is bad, because there are times you need that edgy/openness a Fender brings - but there are times you want a warmer tone.

Compared to my PRS CU22 with BK Mules, its not quite as hot, and its more open sounding.  The PRS is as you would expect.  Its a bit more barky in the middle, but the TA is a more balanced tone.  Compared to my Suhr modern - its much lower OP, and has less bass and actually less top end, but the Suhr is built to handle gain with clarity.  The TA does do the gain but its very thick.  Its nice than the PRS at super high levels, because it keeps some of the higher frequencies the HBs loose.

Honeymoon period and all that - but if I were to pick a "do it all2 guitar, this would be it.  Of course there are times the fenders would be the go to - and the PRS and Suhr as well, but the TA has its own strengths too - its not just a "does everything kind of OK" guitar.  

Really chuffed with it at present. 

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3023
    The way you've got it positioned on the chair made me think (momentarily at least) that the white inserts in the chair back were actually extensions of the guitar. Had a bit of a wtf ? 

Lovely guitar mate 
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 988
    DrBob said:
    The way you've got it positioned on the chair made me think (momentarily at least) that the white inserts in the chair back were actually extensions of the guitar. Had a bit of a wtf ? 

Lovely guitar mate 
    Lol  see exactly what you mean. it looks really evil with the elongated white horns.

Pretty guitar Paul, enjoy it. 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30322
    I thought that as well.
    Looks like a demonic bunny.
  • I didn't even notice when I took the pics.

On a phone it looks so realistic....
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33996
    Welcome to the club.