2»

Comments

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Ok, I'll play the game.  £1401.  B)

So gutted I was too late to that one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16982
    Fucking hell.

i have got all these genuine 335's and I don't know why I can't shift them. I've dropped the price over and over again.  People keep ordering and just cancelling.

may as well just burn the bloody things

;)

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I think what the seller is trying to do is lower the price of actual Amazon guitars. By putting up fake prices, i think the price of the real guitars lower. 

I'd been watching a 2015 335 on the Amazon warehouse this week. It dropped from 1800 to 1400 in the space of a day. During this time fake sellers were constantly putting of fake prices with identical pictures, i can only assume to lower the price.

Suffice to say I snagged the 335 when it hit 1400 he he he...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mortmort Frets: 720
    I think what the seller is trying to do is lower the price of actual Amazon guitars. By putting up fake prices, i think the price of the real guitars lower. 

I'd been watching a 2015 335 on the Amazon warehouse this week. It dropped from 1800 to 1400 in the space of a day. During this time fake sellers were constantly putting of fake prices with identical pictures, i can only assume to lower the price.

Suffice to say I snagged the 335 when it hit 1400 he he he...
    Was that the sunburst 2015  Memphis 335? 
    I was also keeping an eye on it - let us know what it's like, always curious to hear what the Warehouse guitars are like.
  • I will man, i was thinking at worst it would need a setup, ive heard from people on here that usually its just the packaging that is damaged.
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9789
    edited November 2016
    A scam? From Amazon, the company who don't pay tax and pay their drivers less than the minimum wage?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Yes, that's how mine came last year, outer box damaged but guitar like new.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    WezV said:

may as well just burn the bloody things

I've got my lighter fluid and matches ready.. should I PM you my address? ;)

Here we go again, 335 for £1300 - new seller with loads of guitars, cameras etc for sale, will be pulled in a few hours;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00SLPEQ6K/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_22?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1E1L9U2OS6H1Z

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    2 feedback in the last 365 days. Still, unless it's Amazon selling directly then I'd be dubious.
    Well - another new seller (scammer) has just popped up now selling for £1017.

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5521
    I wonder how the scam works. Must be worth the effort - do the sellers get paid instantly, cash out to another bank account and disappear before Amazon can debit them again?
    Whitecat said:
    I wonder how the scam works. Must be worth the effort - do the sellers get paid instantly, cash out to another bank account and disappear before Amazon can debit them again?
    Yes I've wondered too. Can't imagine Amazon are stupid enough to give a brand new seller access to the cash immediately? 
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5521
    mort said:
    Whitecat said:
    Yes I've wondered too. Can't imagine Amazon are stupid enough to give a brand new seller access to the cash immediately? 
    Amazon has always been a bit lax with "payment security" though in the sense that I can order something and have it delivered literally anywhere as long as I've got the billing details correct... so I dunno!

They obviously take the view that customer service is more important than possible fraud... but not sure that angle is towards sellers?