Thinking about buying a JP6

What's Hot
timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
my end of year bonus and a little that I've saved up from guitar selling has given me enough to purchase a nice guitar. 

I'm thinking a JP6 would be a killer choice, so does anyone have any real world experience?

im not a djentalist but I do play mostly heavy music, big riffs and a lot of palm muting, I did also think about a PRS CE, although I have owned and sold 3 of those before.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 619
    Superbly made. I have a bfr6 and jp6. You need to play one to make sure they fit you. Shame you are not more local to me Tim. Some peoples technique means they don't like where the pup toggle is. If you get a fully loaded then you have the piezo option too. Have that on the bfr. Generally they feel much like a strat. Don't know the PRS CE.
    biggest issue with a JP is everyone expects you to play like petrucci lol
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Cheers Baz, 
    im thinking the standard JP6 in either the mystic dream or redburst, sadly I can't play like Petrucci, but they do look ideal for my kind of heavy rhythms, having the trem will be handy too as I do use trem on my lead parts currently.
    Ha..sold a red burst to chenzman on here...replaced it with a mystic dream. Both are stunning finishes. You would be happy with either but the MD changing hue in the light is superb. The trems are very solid and look well engineered although I'm not a big term user. Locking tuners are standard. Finding them in the uk at a sensible price is not easy although sure there was a red burst on here for sale a month or two back. 
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11770
    tFB Trader
    They are good guitars but many of the ones I've seen share the same flaw... the headstock is a bit shallow and there isn't really enough break angle over the nut to anchor the strings down as well as they could be , but this does lead to one phenomenon which many find annoying - the strings behind the nut rattling or vibrating and being audible when you are playing. This is quite common on some guitars and it is the reason some strat players have a second string tree added to strats that have only one .
    Many players seem to use a hair band or a fret wrap string mute to stop this ...but it's a shame that it happens at all.
    I notice on the Majesty guitar it has a lean back headstock which does fix the issue.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• The neck profile is skinny, and a bit divisive, I would strongly suggest you try one out to see if it suits you and your style.  The neck finish is MM's wonderful oil and wax, it does feel sublime.  The BFR and Majesty models I believe have painted finish necks.

Trem is excellent.  Great guitars, if it feels right to you that is.

The neck profile is skinny, and a bit divisive, I would strongly suggest you try one out to see if it suits you and your style.  The neck finish is MM's wonderful oil and wax, it does feel sublime.  The BFR and Majesty models I believe have painted finish necks.

Trem is excellent.  Great guitars, if it feels right to you that is.
    Very good point....my JP6 is typ. Music man oil,wax and the bfr is black painted,lacquered. All mm necks tend to be skinny and can be love hate depending on your needs. If you have big hands many mm necks will cramp you up
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    i have tiny hands, its one of my reasons for checking out MM guitars!
  • I have a JP6 MD & a JP7 Red Burst, both necks waxed finish.
    Best neck I have ever played/owned. Get the fully loaded one - the piezo's really useful live
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7215
    I've had both a JP6 and a JP7 and found the necks to be really shallow / flat and the radius is also really flat.  So great for some players, but definitely one to try before you buy.
    Guitar Bomb & Nembrini Audio Summer Giveaway 
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3514
    edited November 2016
    Nice looking guitars, never come across them before.  MM seem to go under the radar. 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1024
    Love the look of the Muiscmans, but have never played one. At that price personally I would give it a try before purchasing.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    I've played a few and they've all been heavier than I expected.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • The JP6 is my favourite synth. I highly recommend it!

My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom