Reverb clip on tuner - I'm such a klutz - don't do what I just did!

What's Hot
VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4824
edited November 2016 in Guitar
There I was playing happily with my '69 Strat through my Laney VC30.  Phone goes, put the Strat down carefully in the Hiscox case, close the lid, answer the phone.  At the end of the call went back to my Strat - and I'd forgotten my new Reverb tuner was still on the headstock & when I pushed the lid down I snapped the tuner. :o  

I'm such a klutz - and it was a nifty little tuner too.  Hope they do that £2 deal again...I won't make that mistake again.  :/ :'(
I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30322
    When you've spent the best part of £2 you expect something to be a bit more robust.
     :) 
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2433
    better the tuner snapped than the headstock! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Oof!  Good job they didn't ring while you were ironing! :)
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7927

httpimagesmentalflosscomsitesdefaultfilesstylesarticle_640x430publicw_17png

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4824
    Oof!  Good job they didn't ring while you were ironing! :)
    Iron? Don't be silly!  That's what wives are for!  :3
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10620
    My phone is my tuner :)
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1885
    Sarge said:
    better the tuner snapped than the headstock! 

Exactly, if it had been a Gibson...
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    Maybe I can superglue it. 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30322
    Send it back with a strongly worded letter threatening legal action if they don't refund the full amount plus compensation for the mental anguish it's caused you.
    Sassafras said:
    Send it back with a strongly worded letter threatening legal action if they don't refund the full amount plus compensation for the mental anguish it's caused you.
    Lol!  
  • In 2010 I got a Guitar Man clip-on tuner as a leaving present and remember wondering why I needed a cheap tuner, after just buying a Boss TU-3.

I use the clip-on all the time. So easy and practical to use, I'm on the second set of batteries and wouldn't hesitate to buy another if it broke.
    In 2010 I got a Guitar Man clip-on tuner as a leaving present and remember wondering why I needed a cheap tuner, after just buying a Boss TU-3.

I use the clip-on all the time. So easy and practical to use, I'm on the second set of batteries and wouldn't hesitate to buy another if it broke.
    Yup, it's really convenient -  My own fault entirely - I'll look to pick up another, probably on E-Bay.  It's a shame as the Reverb tuner was kinda cute and worked well! 
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075

My first Snark broke (Kids), bought a second one and never regretted.

New guitar meant a new Snark for that case.

I love the whole clip on and forget thing, I have got tuners in pedals, tuners on the computer, tuners on phones and stand alone tuners, but nothing beats the clip on Snark (other clip on tuners are available).

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I imagine they'll do it again. They've done it twice, already. Pity you're so far away, as I've got a spare, but it would probably cost more in postage than that!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

SNAKEBITE said:

I love the whole clip on and forget thing, 

That was the problem - I forgot it was there!  :'(
    usedtobe said:
    I imagine they'll do it again. They've done it twice, already. Pity you're so far away, as I've got a spare, but it would probably cost more in postage than that!
    That's a very kind thought UTB, thank you but you're probably right about the postage  ;)  No worries, I'll pick up another.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6424
    Well I hope we've all got over this catastrophe now ? ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Jalapeno said:
    You may well scoff - but I don't think you fully appreciate the extent of trauma here...especially after having to figure out how the battery went in! D lol
  • i may be able to repair it for you for only £35 plus VAT
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3614
    It's coming round to Xmas so the likes of Lidl and Aldi will be doing chinese electric and acoustic guitars, these are shyte! But they also sell accesories like a tuner for not much cash. I even have a spare I bought No 1 son before he gave up. They do metronome tones and tuning, you can plug in silent of blast away and annoy the bar staff.

• NeilNeil Frets: 3705
    Voxman said:
    Jalapeno said:
    You may well scoff - but I don't think you fully appreciate the extent of trauma here...especially after having to figure out how the battery went in! D lol
    You can get a very nice little Joyo tuner for around £1.50 on ebay. Easy to fit the battery too.

It takes a couple of weeks to arrive from China but a nice little unit.