My first electric for 45 years! The right choice?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Wow, I've been looking at the THR and it seems a good leap up from the Fly!  In fact, it seems to stand out from all the other mini Amps. BUT, the cheapest I can find one anywhere is £255 so I'm going to stick with the Fly combo. Its not that I can't afford the £250 but I'm wary about the route of spending more to get more. An extra 50% on the current spend gets a much better product but hen an extra 50% on top of that gets even betterer and an extra 50% on top of..... etc. So, for now I'll go with the Fly 'stack.'  Thanks so much for all the input chaps.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    It's certainly a never ending cycle in that regards, you're right! I'm sure you'll be very happy with that combo :) 
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 619

Low value items tend to sell quick too so should you want to go 'big' a few months down the line you should have no trouble moving the fly 3 stack on...you gonna get the white??? looks sweet.......

The THR is great...and you can connect it to your pc for recording and tweaking all the amp effects etc which you can't do on the fly. So it is horses for courses........if you just want an easy entry start I think your pacifica + fly 3 stack is as good as it gets...once you got the bug then you can buy the 100w combo and CS strat haha............. welcome to the never ending world of GAS...most on here are unable to get a cure LOL

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7362
    ...come back and tell us what you buy next as you won't be satisfied with this for an other 45 years!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • Well, I've got a guitar, an amp (I bought the Fly3 'stack') and all the bits - tuner, picks, cable, etc. What more could I possibly want?  I'm well happy with the performance of the Pacifica and the Fly sounds really nice in my bedroom.

Mind you, the Youtube demos of that Yamaha THR amp are pretty amazing and it would look quite nice on my shelf.....

• RockerRocker Frets: 5045
    @BRISTOL86 how do you get the guitar sounds into and out of an iPad or a smartphone? Apologies OP for thread hijack.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10053
    edited November 2016
    Good work @Steve922 sounds like you have good setup there that'll get you playing first and foremost - you'll have to work hard here not to get distracted from that intention! But it's worth it, having a setup you can just pick up and play and get better with is the best way. All the other bells and whistles are at best merely a bonus, at worst an audacious attempt to cover up how little guitar playing we actually do as we spend the rest of the time obsessing over amps and pedals.

Enjoy the setup dude. Pictures or it didn't happen!
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Great stuff @Steve922 enjoy yourself, that's the main thing! 

What else could you possibly need? Now there's a dangerous question!! Do not post this in the classifieds!

@Rocker - no idea I'm afraid regarding iPad/iPhone - I'm going directly from USB to MacBook. The USB output on the amp is the square-ish type like you get on printers. Not sure if you can get a version of that but with the other end as a lightning cable or something?
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11462
    Steve922 said:

Mind you, the Youtube demos of that Yamaha THR amp are pretty amazing and it would look quite nice on my shelf.....

...and so the addiction takes hold...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    scrumhalf said:
    Steve922 said:

...and so the addiction takes hold...
    FS: Fly 3 Stack, As New!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom