Merseyside Guitar Show - Sunday 27th November

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Again, jolly good for you. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15429
    tFB Trader
    It was a bit quieter upstairs...and Rosie, like at Haydock, had snaffled a quiet little spot just off the main room, replete with chair for a little bit of peace and quiet.

Spent a good half hour with this guitar, after watching the build threads closely over the last few months. It matched my expectations after 30 seconds...The 5 bags of sand is a bit of a problem, haven't got it spare at the moment. But I'd drop it on this guitar without thinking, if it was. 

nice when they get an 'exclussive' little spot

I'd like to see both an 'unplugged' area and a UK Brit builders area, so they can 'work' together in a common theme as such at shows, as against getting swamped up in a mass of other brands, products, dealers etc - Be it amps, pedals or guitars etc
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6866
    tFB Trader
    It was a bit quieter upstairs...and Rosie, like at Haydock, had snaffled a quiet little spot just off the main room, replete with chair for a little bit of peace and quiet.

Spent a good half hour with this guitar, after watching the build threads closely over the last few months. It matched my expectations after 30 seconds...The 5 bags of sand is a bit of a problem, haven't got it spare at the moment. But I'd drop it on this guitar without thinking, if it was. 

it's easy to say that when youhaven't actually got the money to buy it.
    I played this guitar at the London guitar show n I liked it but I have better at home. 

Jolly good for you. 

Lets see 'em. 
    I've nothing to prove. lol
    "but I have better at home" 

Well, come on then, put your money where your mouth is....Lets see your better acoustic.
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • It was a bit quieter upstairs...and Rosie, like at Haydock, had snaffled a quiet little spot just off the main room, replete with chair for a little bit of peace and quiet.

nice when they get an 'exclussive' little spot

I'd like to see both an 'unplugged' area and a UK Brit builders area, so they can 'work' together in a common theme as such at shows, as against getting swamped up in a mass of other brands, products, dealers etc - Be it amps, pedals or guitars etc
    I think that's a splendid idea Mark, particularly the acoustic area. A dealer had a David Oddy that I'd have loved to have tried, but it was on the ground floor, and simply too noisy to really make it a meaningful exercise, so I passed. 

Nice to catch up with David Plues again yesterday, did you get a look at his Aged and Signed Mark Knopfler? 

I really must introduce myself next time, I think this is the 3rd show that I've missed you. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15429
    tFB Trader

Nice to catch up with David Plues again yesterday, did you get a look at his Aged and Signed Mark Knopfler? 

I really must introduce myself next time, I think this is the 3rd show that I've missed you. 

was that the one on the ground floor at the front of the 'bar' - selling books as well - If so I just saw it from a few feet away -knew it was aged but  not aware it was signed - noticed p.o.a - didn't ask price - He told me about 2 others in the UK who are friends/colleagues of his

always say hi if you can - although I had a good day and a stream of customers all day without a break as such - @CasperCaster brought me a totally s*it' cup of tea - not his fault one bit, but it was putrid
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • miserneil said:

I played this guitar at the London guitar show n I liked it but I have better at home. 

Jolly good for you. 

Lets see 'em. 

Well, come on then, put your money where your mouth is....Lets see your better acoustic.
    miserneil said:

Jolly good for you. 

Lets see 'em. 

I've certainly nothing to prove to you.
    I've posted enough pictures of my collection before 
  • ourmaninthenorthourmaninthenorth Frets: 3418
    edited November 2016

was that the one on the ground floor at the front of the 'bar' - selling books as well - If so I just saw it from a few feet away -knew it was aged but  not aware it was signed - noticed p.o.a - didn't ask price - He told me about 2 others in the UK who are friends/colleagues of his

always say hi if you can - although I had a good day and a stream of customers all day without a break as such - @CasperCaster brought me a totally s*it' cup of tea - not his fault one bit, but it was putrid
    Yeah, that was the one...held here by the best looking bastid at the show. 

Look forward to meeting you at the next one. 

tFB Trader
    miserneil said:

Jolly good for you. 

Lets see 'em. 

miserneil said:

Jolly good for you. 

Lets see 'em. 

I've certainly nothing to prove to you.
    I've posted enough pictures of my collection before 
    You certainly haven't my friend, you certainly haven't.
    (formerly miserneil)

• Nice to catch up with David Plues again yesterday, did you get a look at his Aged and Signed Mark Knopfler? 

Yeah, that was the one...held here by the best looking bastid at the show. 

That was lovely looking les paul 
  • That was lovely looking les paul 
    You mean you actually agree with somebody else's opinion....? Heaven forfend.

I'd rather there was no repetition of this, thanks very mostly. 
  • I didn't realised I had to agree with everyone's  opinion on here. 

• You really don't know when to shut up do you? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Jealousy will get you nowhere. 

tFB Trader
    Jealousy will get you nowhere. 

(formerly miserneil)
  • Ha ha. Lol 
  • steersteer Frets: 1233
    Oh dear. Is it that time of the month ladies?