Uhoh - new Airline guitar incoming

What's Hot
Ahhh the perils of not removing the email alerts for saved searches on eBay.

So this popped up the other day on eBay, I am quite a fan of these old guitars, mostly because I'm a big Jack White fanboy but also they just look bad ass. I already have a kit built actual resoglass (fibreglass) one built for me by Wezv, but as it's so pretty and means a lot to me I thought having a rougher and readier spare might work out quite nicely. It's obviously not an original from the 60s, it's not even one of the Eastwood copy reissue things, the seller reckoned it was some kind of far east copy from 15 or so years ago, possibly Indie or Italia or similar. The shape is not quite right from the picture (though the big box is sat next to me here at work to unravel later on so maybe it might just be the angle) but it does appear to have some kind of imitation Bigsby trem which I like the idea of.

It wasn't much money really so not expecting anything amazing, and I may even look to swap the pickups or see what else cool could be done to it.

But why oh why do I have no restraint for these kind of things! The guitar that'll likely make way for it is my Variax 600, unfortunately though the good lady has noticed that I have a blue guitar so subtly swapping it for a rather ostentatious bright red one maybe isn't going to be the simplest task...
Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Nice find, is it actually resoglass? Let us know how you get on with it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice find, is it actually resoglass? Let us know how you get on with it?
    No this one isn't resoglass, it's wood. My Wezv made one is resoglass though, just not vintage, it was a kit build. 

I will let y'all know how it plays when I find out myself
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • I remember when the kit builds hit the internet, I was tempted to buy one and I recall Wez offering to put one together for whomever bought one. Slightly regret not getting a belmont body.

This would be the perfect guitar for some oil city gold foils.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice!