More New PRS!

What's Hot
They seem to be going all Classic this year,  Single Cut 594 (As close to a Les Paul as Possible), Vintage Santana, and a 408 with a HSH config. Other models seem to have an updated trem and some Pickup updates.  
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8574
    We need an S2 single cut satin P90 pretty please
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 509, eh? Interesting..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 509, eh? Interesting..
    What are the actual differences between this and a 513? I always like the look of them but never did much research on the various things they can do.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23819
    The Singlecut 594 is quite appealing.  The slightly thicker "Pattern Vintage" neck is very appealing.  If only it had a nitro finish...
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    edited November 2016
    509, eh? Interesting..
    What are the actual differences between this and a 513? I always like the look of them but never did much research on the various things they can do.

They've changed the controls, now there is a 5 way switch and 2 mini toggles, rather than a 5 way and a 3 way.

With the 513, you have a 5 Way that selects pickups like a strat and a 3 way toggle switches between Heavy Humbucking (Humbuckers in Series), Clear Humbucking (Humbuckers in Parallel) and Sing (Coil Split).

Now with the 509, there is a mini switch to split either humbucker.

The first number is the total amount of coils in the pickups and the second + third numbers are the amount of sounds.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11547
    edited November 2016
    Philly_Q said:
    The Singlecut 594 is quite appealing.  The slightly thicker "Pattern Vintage" neck is very appealing.  If only it had a nitro finish...
    That does look nice.  Would definitely prefer it in nitro, and with the PRS wrapover bridge though.
  • 509, eh? Interesting..

They've changed the controls, now there is a 5 way switch and 2 mini toggles, rather than a 5 way and a 3 way.

With the 513, you have a 5 Way that selects pickups like a strat and a 3 way toggle switches between Heavy Humbucking (Humbuckers in Series), Clear Humbucking (Humbuckers in Parallel) and Sing (Coil Split).

Now with the 509, there is a mini switch to split either humbucker.

The first number is the total amount of coils in the pickups and the second + third numbers are the amount of sounds.
    So not a HSH 408 at all then! ;)
  • This is bloomin lovely. I can see one being in my lineup in the not too distant future:

http://www.prsguitars.com/images/blog_images/2017ModelsSC594.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2461
    PRS could be in danger of becoming like Apple....just reinventing what they already have.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24882
    edited November 2016
    Strat54 said:
    PRS could be in danger of becoming like Apple....just reinventing what they already have.
    Which would be very unusual in the fast-changing world of guitars. :)
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Strat54 said:
    They are like Apple in getting rid of "obsolete" things that people want because they know better - headphone jacks and USB ports in Apple's case, and nitro finishes in PRS case.
  • I like the sound of the 509 but not the bling-y tops they all seem to have.

Moot point anyway as there's no way I could afford one...

• This is bloomin lovely. I can see one being in my lineup in the not too distant future:

http://www.prsguitars.com/images/blog_images/2017ModelsSC594.jpg
    I love PRS's and have a great CU24 but that looks like a shitty attempt at a Les Paul
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchman said:
    Strat54 said:
    They are like Apple in getting rid of "obsolete" things that people want because they know better - headphone jacks and USB ports in Apple's case, and nitro finishes in PRS case.
    Nitro's nice 'n all, but the acrylic and (particularly) the V12 finish is a great alternative. Pretty sure my two wouldn't look or sound any better if they'd been shot with nitro instead, it's muh more important to keep the finish thin imo.
    crunchman said:
    Strat54 said:
    Nitro's nice 'n all, but the acrylic and (particularly) the V12 finish is a great alternative. Pretty sure my two wouldn't look or sound any better if they'd been shot with nitro instead, it's muh more important to keep the finish thin imo.
    Will will the V12 finish age like nitro?  Or will it look bad with a few dings in it like the older PRS finishes?
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    crunchman said:
    Strat54 said:
    Also there is good nitro and bad nitro like all things. It's doesn't really work as a shorthand catch all term.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12065
    Used SC 594 in a few years then  =)
  • Can you wait that long?
    I'd still be waiting for mine, and new they're £1400 more now!

When will the new ones (509 etc) be in stock in the UK and any ideas of prices?