rev not working on blues junior.

BarneyBarney Frets: 620
Had a rehearsal with the blues junior the other night and the reverb has stopped working...I had it fairly loud ...well full volume to keep up with or drummer and it was all working fine...tried it today no reverb..anybody got any idea what it might be..?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73047
    Dead spring tank return transducer most likely. About three quarters of reverb faults I see are this.

Try wiggling the spring tank connectors though - about three quarters of the rest are just bad contacts here, although it tends to be mostly on older amps where a bit of corrosion has got in.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BarneyBarney Frets: 620
    Thanks ICBM...do they take much fixing ..I tried wiggling the connectors and it didn't seem to them ..
    If it's the usual fault on the modern reverb tanks it's an extremely difficult fix if you can manage it at all - microscopically thin wire that's very hard to solder.

You can confirm if it's the tank - disconnect the output cable from it (if you can't see the text on the tank it will be the one furthest from the mains switch) and with the amp running and the reverb knob turned up a bit, touch the end of the plug. If you get a buzz the reverb return circuit is working. Now plug it back into the tank and shake the amp - if you don't get the typical reverb crash, the fault is in the tank.

There's a small chance that the wire could be broken at the jack, in which case it's easy to fix, but that's rare.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM;136744" said:
    If it's the usual fault on the modern reverb tanks it's an extremely difficult fix if you can manage it at all - microscopically thin wire that's very hard to solder.

You can confirm if it's the tank - disconnect the output cable from it (if you can't see the text on the tank it will be the o ne furthest from the mains switch) and with the amp running and the reverb knob turned up a bit, touch the end of the plug. If you get a buzz the reverb return circuit is working. Now plug it back into the tank and shake the amp - if you don't get the typical reverb crash, the fault is in the tank.

There's a small chance that the wire could be. broken at the jack, in which case it's easy to fix, but that's rare.
    OK thanks ...ill try that...looks as though I could end up with a blues junior without reverb....maybe use a pedal.. :)
    A replacement tank is £27 from Hotrox - cheaper than a pedal. I'd probably go for theirs rather than the 'correct' Belton-Accutronics one since the Belton has the same design fault that causes the Accutronics ones to break.

The part number you need is 8EB2C1B.

Ahh...brilliant ..thanks ICBM, ill have a look now :)