NGD 1966 Fender Mustang

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30322
    ICBM said:

The string tree does need lowering, that's the correct spacer for a G/D string one - the E/B one should be half that height. You know to check the screw length! If necessary and you can't find a screw with the right head to look correct, you could cut it down with a pair of wirecutters and re-shape the tip with a file or emery board. Yes, I am a geek and these things matter to me :).

We of the Fretboard have come to appreciate and rely on your geekiness.
    You didn't acquire nearly 20000 frets by being ignorant.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sassafras said:
    ICBM said:

The string tree does need lowering, that's the correct spacer for a G/D string one - the E/B one should be half that height. You know to check the screw length! If necessary and you can't find a screw with the right head to look correct, you could cut it down with a pair of wirecutters and re-shape the tip with a file or emery board. Yes, I am a geek and these things matter to me :).

We of the Fretboard have come to appreciate and rely on your geekiness.
    You didn't acquire nearly 20000 frets by being ignorant.
    He has his moments, but don't we all
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DaiCappDaiCapp Frets: 135
    edited November 2016
    My '66 says hello - bloody lovely aren't they :-)

Edit to say I've had a look at mine at it has the same string tree arrangement as yours...
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom