Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Simon Pegg

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• I like him. 'Paul' is film that deserves all of our love.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7350
    edited November 2016
    Colin for the name of a Pedigree Schnauzer was pure genius...

http://www.holidogtimes.com/fr/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2015/12/Schnauzer-9.jpg

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6171

Fact 2: the same woman ended up on TV not so long ago hosting a sex chat show. An admirable effort for a person with comfortably the shallowest vagina I've ever encountered. It was like stuffing your little finger into a thimble in terms of coverage.
    Imperforate hymen?
  • JezWynd said:
    Imperforate hymen?
    No, Church of England. 

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12457
    Don't get the hate, he's a guy who is living the dream, has pulled his finger out and worked hard from nerd with dreams to unimaginable wealth and starring in franchises that he used to geek out over etc. He probably wakes up every morning wondering where it all went wrong. You bitter lot.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Don't get the hate, he's a guy who is living the dream, has pulled his finger out and worked hard from nerd with dreams to unimaginable wealth and starring in franchises that he used to geek out over etc. He probably wakes up every morning wondering where it all went wrong. You bitter lot.
    I'm happy for him, just wish he would stop appearing on my TV. Can't he go and buy a farm or something.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Don't get the hate, he's a guy who is living the dream, has pulled his finger out and worked hard from nerd with dreams to unimaginable wealth and starring in franchises that he used to geek out over etc. He probably wakes up every morning wondering where it all went wrong. You bitter lot.
    I'm happy for him, just wish he would stop appearing on my TV. Can't he go and buy a farm or something.
    So he can come back to flog his shitty cheese in newspaper columns?
  • Gassage said:
    Sean Connery's greatest moment was substituting a Scots accent fro a bad Irish one half way through a film....
    How can this possibly be true when, in one film (Highlander) he decided that a Scottish accent was perfect for his character who was an Egyptian who had lived - for centuries - in Spain?!
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3376
    edited November 2016
    Gassage said:
    Sean Connery's greatest moment was substituting a Scots accent fro a bad Irish one half way through a film....
    How can this possibly be true when, in one film (Highlander) he decided that a Scottish accent was perfect for his character who was an Egyptian who had lived - for centuries - in Spain

oops didn't mean to post ignore 
  • PlukkyPlukky Frets: 282
    edited November 2016
    Gassage said:
    How can this possibly be true when, in one film (Highlander) he decided that a Scottish accent was perfect for his character who was an Egyptian who had lived - for centuries - in Spain?!
    Maybe his character was an expert at accents who was trying to blend in... With a Frenchman trying to talk with a Scots accent...
  • grungebob said:
    The one role that was literally written for him and he hasn't played it yet. 
    Wee hughie from Garth Ennis'  the boys 
    Wis'd. Although he's already shown that his Scottish accent is a bit ropey.
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2177
    He deserves a pass for shaun of the dead.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31919
    I don't get why turning unfunny "ordinary blokes" like Corden and Pegg into superstars means that their detractors are bitter or jealous. 

I'd just prefer it if our movie stars were glamorous and talented, our singers could sing, our foreign secretaries were insightful and intelligent and our leaders of the free world weren't morons (or worse, orange). 

I'm fed up with people who think they have "a connection" with dozy fucking plebs being held in the highest esteem. 

Why can't we celebrate talent anymore, why do we have to pour fame and riches onto "people like us"? 

Pegg and Fucking Cordon are symptoms of a greater malaise, the fact that there is far more fame available than there are people who warrant it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23575

^  I'm a little surprised to see James Corden and Simon Pegg lumped together there.  To my mind, Pegg is considerably higher up the talent ladder than Corden.  Corden's more like the equivalent of Pegg's sometime sidekick Nick Frost.

Pegg made Shaun of the Dead.  Corden made Lesbian Vampire Killers....

Then again, some people may think James Corden is a comic genius, as opposed to a fairly likeable chubby bloke who got lucky.  It's all just opinions.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ^^^ you didn't like Gavin & Stacey then there's no hope for you I'm afraid.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23575
    edited November 2016
    I'm not a massive fan of Gavin & Stacey, I must admit, although it's alright.  To be fair to Corden, I'd forgotten he wrote that, so credit where it's due.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31919
    ^^^ you didn't like Gavin & Stacey then there's no hope for you I'm afraid.
    I did, especially as a south Glamorgan boy, but lifting characters out of it and sending them to Hollywood feels a little like remaking The Godfather with the cast of Emmerdale. 

It is all a matter of opinion though, one man's Likeable is another 's Stabbable I guess. 
    So he can come back to flog his shitty cheese in newspaper columns?
    Parklife!

• James Corden, piffle