Strap button positions

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• martinwmartinw Frets: 2150
    tFB Trader
    Lew said:
    You're turning into Henry Rollins, Martin! Cool guitar. Got any more pics?

I've had worse said about me, so I'll have that!

I've got some other pics of the Stormshadow, but not really any good ones. Will have to get some done. It's a great guitar, best I've ever had. :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11976
    tFB Trader
    DrBob said:
    I, (In typical me style) have compounded the 'problem' with my 335.
    Until I got it I'd only ever had guitars with the Strap button on the top horn like on a Strat.

When I got my 535 (Heritage) I was extremely nervous about it coming off of it's strap so I fitted (well I had Jonathan at Feline do it, the thought of taking a drill to the neck heel made me feel a bit squeamish) Dunlop Straplocks.

On reflection not a great move because of the way that Straplocks like this effectively move the connection between guitar & strap further apart as the strap now hangs off of the end of the strap button..

I find it makes the guitar pivot forward along the axis described by the strap buttons tilting the playing surface (fingerboard, strings, pickups & knobs) away from me..

Doh !
    Bob - I know exactly what you mean 
    I like the rear buttons on a flying v though.

However the solution is to use one of the recessed buttons that Dunlop make, although you are forced to always remember your strap with the locks on as the recessed button can only be used with them- no getting by with a regular strap.
    That way the strap lies flush with the back of the guitar and there is less tipping

Here is one on the inside horn of this blackmachine - obviously you guitar would need it in place of the existing button and it does mean drilling a 3/8" hole into the guitar.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom