I've Been Upgraded by DPD....Hurrah!

What's Hot
BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5916
edited November 2016 in Guitar
Your Delivery has been Upgraded :)

My Parcel will now arrive Sunday November 27th between 9 and 12. Best upgrade ever, I should have received it today between 8:30 and 9:30 :)

Seriously, I know they have a job I would never want, but 2 items get sent from the same store to the same DPD Depot with sequential Parcel Numbers and only 1 turns up at my door this morning.

Now, ones weighs about 32lb's and the other weighs about 0.5lb. I'll give you two guesses which one turned up.

I even went outside to the driver and said "Want a hand with that mate?" only to see him appear from behind the Van doors with a small parcel bag

However, I will give a round of applause for Guitar Guitar in Epsom as they chased this up for me(as I did too), but they have at least got them to deliver it tomorrow(I hope). They did their bit.

1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I even went outside to the driver and said "Want a hand with that mate?" only to see him appear from behind the Van doors with a small parcel bag 
    -------------

Sorry but that made me giggle. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I even went outside to the driver and said "Want a hand with that mate?" only to see him appear from behind the Van doors with a small parcel bag 
    -------------

Sorry but that made me giggle. 

Lol, it was meant to. I have managed to maintain my sense of humour thus far :)

What made me laugh was them saying "Your Delivery has been Upgraded"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 8089

Could be worse, I had a bass shipped from the US which disappeared for 7 weeks, and another that I returned to the Coventry depot so they could re-do the duty charge (they wanted £95 on a bass worth £120) and they shipped it back to Tokyo (and back to Coventry, and then to Edinburgh and finally to me).
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_C said:

Could be worse, I had a bass shipped from the US which disappeared for 7 weeks, and another that I returned to the Coventry depot so they could re-do the duty charge (they wanted £95 on a bass worth £120) and they shipped it back to Tokyo (and back to Coventry, and then to Edinburgh and finally to me).

It wasn't a Fernandes Nomad Bass was it?

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2161
    DPD tried to nick my PRS Custom 22, then when I bought my Kotzen Strat it turned up 3 days late. 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2 said:
    DPD tried to nick my PRS Custom 22, then when I bought my Kotzen Strat it turned up 3 days late. 

@jeztone2 ;

They tried to nick it??? Fuck, have you got a thread on here about that, seriously, I'd like to have a look at that. The Twats.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 8089
    Paul_C said:

It wasn't a Fernandes Nomad Bass was it?

No, the US one was a Musicman Bongo 5HS, the Japanese one a Yamaha SBV500 in green.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Come to think of it @jeztone2 the courier guy looked like he might be into Guitars and stuff, he may have whipped my stuff home for the night for a blast ;)
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3757
    Drivers can't steal stuff. That's all proper tight.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    edited November 2016
    Welcome to the high life my friend; first class.

Deliveries, they are not late, but fashionably late.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2161
    edited November 2016
    jeztone2 said:

@jeztone2 ;;

They tried to nick it??? Fuck, have you got a thread on here about that, seriously, I'd like to have a look at that. The Twats.
    It was years ago.

i bought it used from guitar guitar. On the day of delivery. It didn't turn up.

So I rang up DPD at Southall, who said he couldn't find my address. Which was weird as I was living in the only 5 storey apartment complex within 2 miles. 

So I decided to have it delivered the next day & it didn't turn up. On both occasions the DPD geotracker said it had never Le ft the depot.

So I went to Southall the next day & they said they couldn't find it all sheepishly. As guitars in parcels are pretty obvious. I saw it immediately behind this guy & sure enough it was mine.

I check it over, the box had been opened and the Trem was loose
    in the case. Which is weird as guitar guitar tape them down as policy.

I complained & got an apology & some free strings. But when I bought my Canon 5D II Grey Import from Digital Rev, it took 3 days from Hong Kong with DHL with no issues whatsoever. 
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1408
    Add my voice to the "fuck dpd" chorus 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Wow that is unreal @jeztone2 did you not try to prosecute, surely criminal activity there.

Well, guess what, my parcel will not turn up today as promised, so DPD have excelled themselves here. They say it's been scanned into the depot yesterday morning at 6:04, but they can't locate it until they go through all the backlog, some shite about lots of parcels still loaded on trailers waiting to be sorted.

So I've now had to change the delivery address to my work address, they'll probably fuck that up too. Wankers.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10932
    A couple of friends of mine have had issues with deliveries these past few days, and Amazon are two days late so far with a guitar I ordered on Friday. It must be chaos for the logistics firms at the moment. BBC News were saying that £15k was spent online every second on Friday in the UK
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2481
    I made the mistake of ordering a new phone for my missus last Friday. It wasn't a Black Friday deal but clearly got caught up in the fallout of that day. DPD gave me a mid-afternoon one-hour delivery slot today so I took the afternoon off to be there. It arrived 6.15pm with no explanation of the delay other than that the driver had had a 'crap day'. Thanks DPD.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Personally I've had nothing but good experiences with DPD both as a work courier and for personally deliveries. 

I can't say the same for Yodel and hermes
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30208
    Ashley DPD has served Chateau Sporky well.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    roberty said:
    BBC News were saying that £15k was spent online every second on Friday in the UK
    And it's all that Jeremy Corbyn's fault!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24584
    Personally I've had nothing but good experiences with DPD both as a work courier and for personally deliveries. 

I can't say the same for Yodel and hermes
    Yodel are the one company that regularly get me genuinely angry..
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30208
    usedtobe said:
    roberty said:
    BBC News were saying that £15k was spent online every second on Friday in the UK
    And it's all that Jeremy Corbyn's fault!
    Let's spend it on the NHS instead.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom