@miserneil - DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK.
    @Bridgehouse ;

http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6866
    tFB Trader
    ICBM said:
    They've had it at least ten years I think.

Wez is correct though - it isn't worthless. The fingerboard is definitely worth something, and even the neck isn't scrap, although it looks like it would need another replacement headstock. But if you've got an original Junior with a hopelessly smashed neck, this could be just what you need.

I don't know what it's worth, but I would say more than £100, although definitely less than what they're asking.
    These guys are jokers. This has been hanging around for years. It's essentially firewood.

There is some value in the Brazilian board but the neck is junk, that headstock repair looks like a bodge. £150/200 for the board as all the inlays are still intact (they used to shrink and fall out of some juniors) and graft it onto a new neck.

Other than that....firewood.
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74483
    Totally agree the headstock repair is a bodge. I'd cut it off and scarf on a new one.

The question is, if you have an old Junior that needs a new neck, is it better to make a new one-piece neck and just use the fingerboard (and truss rod) from this one, or better to use the whole neck with a new headstock?

If it was me I'd probably use the old neck.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30358
    I'm not interested in Gibsons so I don't know much about them but is there anything on there that proves it's a Les Paul Jnr as opposed to any old lump of wood.

"Headstock was partially rebuilt" Bloke was so excited by his work, he jizzed all over it.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30358
    "Headstock was partially rebuilt"
    Bloke was deservedly murdered before he could inflict any more damage to an innocent guitar.
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    I'm gonna buy a proper vintage guitar, then break it up in 100 equal pieces, and then sell each one for £1000 as vintage guitar DNA, just build the whole of the rest of guitar around this 1 inch chunk and you'll basically have a proper vintage guitar.