Sibling phaser users

iseverynamegoneiseverynamegone Frets: 1576
edited February 2014 in FX
I find that the depth control really needs to be cranked to about 4o clock to get the pedal really cooking

I also have a retrosonic phaser and with the depth way down I still get some nice tones from it.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FazerFazer Frets: 468
    i dont have a sibling but do have the whetstone.
    i think that the 'depth' knob on the sibling is a clean/effect mix knob.
    on the retrosonic the mix is fixed at its most phasey, and the depth knob is for the amount of pitch oscillation of the phase

not getting much effect until 4 does seem a bit of a waste, have you tried to compare it to any youtube vids, trying to match the settings and seeing if it compares?
  • Where is it in your signal chain? Phaser is much more obvious when in a loop than before distortion.
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    I have a sibling...and don't have that issue.

however like @ThePrettyDamned says, where is it on the pedal chain? I find that before dirt it has hardly any impact on the dirty phase sound, however after dirt (where i have it) the depth knob at about noon is perfect mix without being overbearingly phasy.
  • iseverynamegoneiseverynamegone Frets: 1576
    edited February 2014
    Hi thanks all, I run it before dirt but the issue is there when clean . Ill do a little checking later. I also moved it off my board and went direct and was still same from memory. I guess it's just more subtle than I'm used to
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    ok that seems weird that it does in on clean. Even before dirt, on clean i don't need to move it past noon.

last thing to point out though...the Sibling will not be as pronounced as something like a Phase 90...not sure the technical reasons (i think its optical, and the others aren't), but its suppose to be a more subtle effect by nature.