Comments

• also should i go for active pick ups or passive!? the first link has emg 81/85 which i hear are aweosme for metal will the adrian smith be rubbish in comparison?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The Smith sig all day long. So much more versatile. You'll use it for much more than just shredding.

All the right notes, not always in the right order!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I don't like either, if that's any help..  ;)
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• I don't particularly like either, but the Adrian Smith looks so much better. Pickups can also be changed and EMG's are relatively cheap. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    Ignore both and get a Charvel San Dimas.
  • Jack_ said:
    Ignore both and get a Charvel San Dimas.
    I would love one I'm looking to spend a max of 350 I doubt I would find one for that? I found a guy selling the Adrian smith model for 230 but I don't know much about shred axes 
  • usedtobe said:
    Hahah do you have any suggestions? Got around 300 max and looking for a second hand bargain tbh
  • I don't particularly like either, but the Adrian Smith looks so much better. Pickups can also be changed and EMG's are relatively cheap. 
    Hey there, Do you have any suggestions mate? Looking for a shred beast for around £300 max would prefer used as I think I would get more for my money
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28444
    stenio83 said:
    I don't particularly like either, but the Adrian Smith looks so much better. Pickups can also be changed and EMG's are relatively cheap. 
    Hey there, Do you have any suggestions mate? Looking for a shred beast for around £300 max would prefer used as I think I would get more for my money
    Change the title of your thread to what I just highlighted.  That'll get more relevant attention than the current title.
    ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • STTony said:
    stenio83 said:
    I don't particularly like either, but the Adrian Smith looks so much better. Pickups can also be changed and EMG's are relatively cheap. 
    Change the title of your thread to what I just highlighted.  That'll get more relevant attention than the current title.
    ;)
    Sorted thank mate! :-)
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 461
    edited December 2016
    You can get a Jackson DK 2 for £200 to £250 second hand.

The highlights are:
    Japanese made
    Anymore Duncan pups
    24 frets
    Satin dinky neck
    Hard tail or Floyd
    Some change left over for a good setup or a case.

Amazing guitars for the money. Here is an example:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/jackson-dk2-/282281184161?hash=item41b9450ba1:g:~vAAAOSwo4pYMz~s
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    edited December 2016
    Why Jackson though? I find the cheaper Jackson models to be a bit poor, good spec, but pretty soulless, same with a lot of cheaper Ibanez models - look good on paper, but when you play it it's just not that inspiring. My S series is great spec on paper, but I just don't love it.

I think I've seen San Dimas go cheap, maybe not £300, but not much more.

ESP LTD EC1000? Pref the one with Duncan's.

An older RG550 would be cool.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    stenio83 said:
    usedtobe said:
    Hahah do you have any suggestions? Got around 300 max and looking for a second hand bargain tbh
    I'm afraid I can't really help, as I don't shred, and my tastes are more traditional.. Good luck in your search! 
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• I would go for an used Ibanez RG of some sorts personally
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3168
    Used RG350 maybe is a good choice
  • stenio83 said:

If you need a suggestion, I've found the Ibanez Iron Label series to be really good. They range from about 300-600 new depending on the model and they have loads of variations. 

I really like the Hardtail RGIR20BFE that my friend has and the RGA series are really nice aswell. 

• RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Ibanez would be my first choice, unless you want to go for the '80s hair metal look.  An RG350 Or S470 would be perfect, although the S series are a bit more fusion than metal.
  • what did you get?? I may be selling a 2015 Charvel Slime Green So-Cal
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3492
    personally id look for a secondhand Schecter banshee, really great guitars.  I had the hardtail passive version and it was great.