SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: red tortoiseshell MIJ Jazzmaster scratchplate

Can't seem to find anything other than USA ones online unless I order from the states. Anyone able to help?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    There is a guy on eBay if you are looking for the printed ones. The proper nitrate ones I can't think of anybody who does them off the shelf in the UK. Jack's might do one if they can get the material.

• Cheers, yeah, I've seen the guy on ebay, but he doesn't seem to be selling red ones. I'll send him a message and see if he has any. 
    edited December 2016
    I've had them from HERE before - delivery was quick and they turned up fine. Not as cheap as they used to be because of the £, buy I'd guess it is where a lot of Ebay sellers are buying their parts

Sorry they only have USA at the moment :(

• Yeah, guy on ebay says he won't have any new red Japan ones for a good few months. What's wrong with the world? Don't they want me to be happy?
  • TrotterTrotter Frets: 521
    edited December 2016
    I had the same issue trying to get a CIJ jaguar scratchplate. I believe it is because over the years the Japanese guitars moved the screw placements ever so slightly, several times so for a retailer to guarantee it is going to fit is extremely difficult. One company I found ask you to trace your current scratchplate as a template for them to use. I assume it is maybe the same for the jazzmasters?
    It may be worth talking to Tim at Scratch-It - he takes a trace or you can send him an existing 'plate and he will copy that, and print whatever you want on it. 

• Cheers. Will try there.