SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Burny Les Paul - MiJ - RLG85 - £400!!!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• RevMattRevMatt Frets: 880
    edited January 2017
    Ho @Mattayus and thanks for the interest.

I don't know whether this would be described as having a 50s or 60s type neck, but I would say it's got a fairly full profile. Having said that, I grew up on Jacksons and have a preference for more slender necks and yet still find this very comfy and playable. To me, its a similar shape but not quite as chunky as the wide fat neck on a PRS SC I used to own.

Hope that helps.

As for the Jackson, I'm only selling to part fund a guitar I'm viewing on Friday (my original pot of cash got diverted slightly!) so really just after cash. However out of interest what model is it - looks nice.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2017
    May regret this but, for the next 24 hours, £400 takes this!!! (Hiscox also available for an additional £50)
  • MattayusMattayus Frets: 126
    If my Jackson would hurry up and sell I'll very seriously consider taking this off your hands! Fingers crossed for the pair of us...
    Indeed @Mattayus - cone on someone buy his lovely Jackson! If it helps you to make a decision, there is a chance I'll keep the Burny if I don't get a sale in time to close the deal on a guitar I'm trying to buy tomorrow...
    RevMatt said:
    there is a chance I'll keep the Burny if I don't get a sale in time to close the deal on a guitar I'm trying to buy tomorrow...
    I went to view the 'other' guitar yesterday and decided it's not something I want to pursue after all, however, it helped me to focus my thinking on what I do want so the Burny is still up for sale...
    Lots of watchers on eBay but still here...
  • I've had a jap RLG. Shouldn't it say super grade on the headstock

Hi @Travisthedog - the RLG85 and more recent RLG95 just say Burny (as per the Fernandes website and the youtube link in my first post).
    Post pay day bump....
    Oh why not.... £400 for a lovely MiJ Burny!!!
  • I have one of these - £400 for a mij rlg85 is a bargain.

tinnitus said:
    I have one of these - £400 for a mij rlg85 is a bargain.

Thanks, couldn't agree more...
    It seems the only people who know what a great deal this are those who already own them, so maybe it's time for a new convert to take the plunge and discover these hidden gems...
  • GadgieGadgie Frets: 96
    it is a nice guitar mate:)
    Thanks
    RevMatt said:

I don't know whether this would be described as having a 50s or 60s type neck, but I would say it's got a fairly full profile. Having said that, I grew up on Jacksons and have a preference for more slender necks and yet still find this very comfy and playable. To me, its a similar shape but not quite as chunky as the wide fat neck on a PRS SC I used to own.

Hope that helps.

As for the Jackson, I'm only selling to part fund a guitar I'm viewing on Friday (my original pot of cash got diverted slightly!) so really just after cash. However out of interest what model is it - looks nice.
    It's a Jackson SLAT3-6, Japanese circa 2010.
    Where abouts are you based? I'd definitely be interested to try it out if I can! Although I'm a superstrat guy at heart I can adapt and get on with most necks. The only ones I can't stand are the absolutely huge baseball bat types. I don't mind a chunky neck so long as it's still comfortable!
    RevMatt said:

Hope that helps.

It's a Jackson SLAT3-6, Japanese circa 2010.
    Where abouts are you based? I'd definitely be interested to try it out if I can! Although I'm a superstrat guy at heart I can adapt and get on with most necks. The only ones I can't stand are the absolutely huge baseball bat types. I don't mind a chunky neck so long as it's still comfortable!