Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What's the perfect guitar stool for the man cave?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 7024
    I bought a fender one about 2 years ago. 

Im now all too familiar with a painful right cheek and scratched wooden floor.

Great looking things and made for the right height, but any more than 15 mins on it now and its hurty. Guess when I'm playing I have more pressure on my right arse cheek, n if I sat with equal pressure It might not hurt so quick. 

The tubular legs also cut through the rubber foot cups on my fender stool after having sat on it for a bit. So I bought some rubberier heavier dutier ones from b&q, and to no avail. But the protuding metal through the rubber has left a few nice dents and scratches in the floor. Not as big a problem if you have carpet. 

So personally I wouldnt bother buying one of those again, too expensive for what they are really anyway, considering the foam hasnt lasted. 

Drum stools look comfy, but I imagine the cushioning in the cheaper ones (andertons does a £20 or thereabouts one) may go flat and not last, just like the guitar stool. Then again I'm 200lbs of man tit so... 

Currently looking at either a midrange drum throne, or an office chair with no arms. Thing with an office chair is, kinda doesnt look the part and has a huge footprint for my small ass 'guitar area' haha.

Guess like others have said, both options are height adjustable which is a must, and with the larger seat of an office chair, cushions can be added for people like me who have a constant pain in the ass! 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 357
    edited December 2016
    My most sensible seating place is an ordinary chair I got reduced from a furniture megastore, last one left out of a set.  Perfect height and quite comfy for even long sessions.  My tutor has a drum stool.
  • I just use an Argos office chair
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24584
    Office chair for me too - ikea special with adjustable back. Perfect.
  • Thanks fellas. 
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30355
    Office reclining swivel chair on wheels.
    Makes me feel very important.
  • mrleon83mrleon83 Frets: 215
    Drum throne (that has a back rest) ...
  • Lez325Lez325 Frets: 95
    I use my Strato-Chair Custom

http://i.imgur.com/nRtOtlY.jpg

Les 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4959
    This one should do nicely - it's not expensive so you don't need to be flush to buy it ....& think of all the time you'll save!  

Image result for guitar toilet

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KrisGee said:
    I use exactly the same one. Have a cushion on it now as it gets a little ass numbing without. Great apart from that. 
    All the right notes, not always in the right order!
  • If you've got any sort of back problem, I highly recommend the Bambach saddle seat.

http://www.bambach.co.uk
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075

I recently bought on of the Fender stools, it's not had much use so it's still ok.

I had to glue the plastic endcaps on though as they were such a loose fit they wouldn't stay on!

• Surely one of these

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom