SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn - Gibson Les Paul R6 Goldtop - Including Fretboard donation!

What's Hot
BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
edited January 2017 in Guitars £
I'm thinning the herd a touch. I've made a decision to gig again, and I want to go back to gigging Bass first - did it a while back and loved it, so I want to Bass myself up.

After acquiring the '62 LP Special and the R8 recently my Les Paul needs are pretty much covered TBH - and long term I don't think I need an R6 as well.

I took this in on trade with @badlydrawnbanjo for my '72 Jaguar. It's a corker. 2004, with Oil City P90s. It's got a couple of dings here and there on it, but they are minor and broadly it's very very good for its year. Comes with original Custom Shop case which is used but serviceable. The hardware has naturally relic'd nicely over the years - it really reminds me of a VOS Custom Shop job - but done naturally and not faked. 

Obviously Gibson don't make them anymore. It's got a good sturdy fat '56 profile neck and a really nice dark board. Chunky and weights about 91/2 lbs. 

I'm looking for £2000 as that is roughly what it owes me. 

The only trades I would consider would be a Ric 4001/4003 bass - and I'd need to consider colour and age etc. 

More than happy for you to come and try it. Depending on where you are I will hand deliver - service with a smile and all that!

The obligatory pictures of course:

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• super cool

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Gold Top LPs with P90s have to be one of the best looking guitars ever made!

GLWTS.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Awwwww mannnnnnn!
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Awwwww mannnnnnn!
    I know, I know, I know.. I hang my head in shame..

You have no idea how much I had to ponder this one before putting it up. But I need funds to get some Bass action.. 

TBH if it doesn't go reasonably quickly I'll probably pull it...
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3695
    Beautiful thing.

Sadly out of my price range but GLWTS.
  • I have the ideal bass but its not a Ric........Fender CS 55 Heavy Relic P Bass (picture Sting's and its identical) !
  • tele69tele69 Frets: 198
    Oh brother - loving that one Mark! - very nice mate!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tele69tele69 Frets: 198
    Gold Top LPs with P90s have to be one of the best looking guitars ever made!

GLWTS.

Agreed....

johnbiffa said:
    I have the ideal bass but its not a Ric........Fender CS 55 Heavy Relic P Bass (picture Sting's and its identical) !
    Hi there, I'm not sure I like the new CS Relics. Now, a genuine late 60's early 70's P or J - even a refin or changed parts.. that I would consider.

Bump - open to offers of course..
    Now I know I'm breaking the 48 hour rule - but...

After the FB donations I've had a soul search and this is how it is.. I need £1500 cleared for this R6 to top up the bass fund. 

Make me an offer over £1500 - not just a few quid mind ;) and anything over 1500 I will donate to the FB for new features and all that jazz. So offer me £1800 and I will give £300 to the Fretboard. 

I won't take a silly offer - but I will go below £2k to make a good sized donation to the fretboard!

Ive listed it on eBay so get in quick!
    0reaction image LOL 15reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27904
    Damn, that's a fine looking guitar.

And another incredibly generous financial gesture for the community.

:)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • "Cyberlawyer" was looking for a 2014 R6 a few months back as a long shot... maybe worth an email!
    hairmetal said:
    "Cyberlawyer" was looking for a 2014 R6 a few months back as a long shot... maybe worth an email!
    He's specifically looking for a 2014 by the looks of it - mine is a 2004 (!)
    Bump! Still includes fretboard donation!!
    Bump
    Still here.
    Not much love for a cracking Goldtop.. :(
    No idea why this isn't really attracting any interest TBH - it's priced low as it is, and a chunk of change will go to the Fretboard.

New Year pressie anyone?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    No idea why this isn't really attracting any interest TBH - it's priced low as it is, and a chunk of change will go to the Fretboard.

New Year pressie anyone?
    I don't get it either that is beautiful. I have the same thing with my Harley Benton 335, loads of views but no offers. I don't know, maybe we should just swap or something? ;)