Eleven Rack issue...

chrishill901chrishill901 Frets: 517
edited January 2014 in Amps
I just got an Eleven Rack and spend a day dialing in some amazing tones. I'm running it through a Marshall 8008 and a 2x12 using the amp outs with the cabs off.

I created and downloaded a number of great patches that made my hair stand on end and made me want to play! That evening I plugged my headphones in (using a headphone amp through the amp outs with cabs off, no settings changed) as I just wanted to sort some effects out and figured having cabs off didn't matter for that. Anyway it sounded amazing! So good I thought cabs must have been on, but they weren't, I had to check!

Anyway I sorted some effects out and came to do some rig balancing and noticed I didn't have metres; I was running firmware 1.0.1. I did the update while I was playing as it was already hooked up. When it rebooted suddenly it sounded s**t and fizzy as hell (as I originally expected it to through headphones with cabs off) I checked in the settings to see if anything had changed, but everything was the same. I plugged it in through my cab and the sound isn't the same, its thinner, fizzyer and all of the patches sound more similar; the plexis with a hint of breakup now had a fizzy drive to them. It still sounds good but all of a sudden that 'oomph' and desire to play it has gone. Hair no longer stands on end. It sounds no different to any other cheap modeller.

Is this a known thing? A deliberate global eq tweak by avid for some bizarre reason? I haven't updated from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3 yet so it could be fixed, but I read the release notes and nothing is mentioned. Any ideas?

Edit: oh wait no, I am on 1.0.3

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Are you sure you were running 1.0.1 and not the expansion pack (2.0.1)? There's a known issue where 1.0.3 overwrites the expansion pack, so you lose all the amps and cabs (and functionality) contained therein. If that's the case, then unless you have the serial number for the expansion pack, you're pretty much boned and you'll have to buy the ERXP again.

That's the only reason I can think of for it. Other than that...your best bet might be to head over here and see if anybody's experienced the same issue:

<space for hire>
  • Definitely no expansion pack but ive realised it wasn't 1.0.1 but rather just 1. There was an issue in 1 where rig outs without cabs didn't work when rebooted, which explained why my headphones sounded like it had cabs until it rebooted with 1.0.3.

As for it sounding fizzy and digital through my cab, I guess the honeymoon period was short and sweet and I just don't like digital gear...?

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!