Mosky EP booster?

2»

Comments

• siraxeman said:
    I got the XP booster off ebay earlier this year for £18....and its probably the best buy of 2016 for me - it does a great job for a decent price. Its really an SP clone...but for the right kind of money.
    have you had the xotic one ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    no....only seen/heard demo's...and it does the exact same thing!
  • Have you tried it at 18v by any chance ? 
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    no
  • JMP220478 said:
    Have you tried it at 18v by any chance ? 
    I'd pop it open and check that the capacitors are sufficiently highly rated before you give it 18v- regular electrolytic capacitors will have it written on the casing.

If you can't be sure (not sure how much of the board is SMD components) and you feel it still owes you any of that £18 it might be better not to.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• I'll give at a go n hope it doesnt smoke too much  :-) 
  • JMP220478 said:
    Have you tried it at 18v by any chance ? 
    I'd pop it open and check that the capacitors are sufficiently highly rated before you give it 18v- regular electrolytic capacitors will have it written on the casing.

If you can't be sure (not sure how much of the board is SMD components) and you feel it still owes you any of that £18 it might be better not to.
    Good shout - perhaps a little caution is appropriate as Ive only had it a day
  • nhallnhall Frets: 0
    As there wasn't a conclusion here, I Just opened my up to see whats on the pcb - all through-hole parts (no smt) but all of the electrolytic s are rated 25v with the exception of the 4.7uF which is rated 50v.
    Only other point I noticed was that the input jack had a signal and earth connection lead, whereas the output jack had only a signal wire connected and relies on the case itself for ground connection.
    I took pictures of the board but couldn't see how to attache them to this post!