Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Before I go and spend £300...

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2276
    edited January 2017
    I've gone drive-deaf.

Tried about 4 ODs, one at a time A/B'd and stacked before and after a Tumnus. After 30 mins, could barely tell the difference. This is mental, I've got a Tumnus, an Elements and a Friedman BE OD, that's more than enough for any f***er.

Might try a different order (comp>Tumnus>Friedman>Elements) and see how I get on. More on this awe-inspiring story of one man's struggle against his own ears/brain as it happens...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4069
    Tried about 4 ODs, one at a time A/B'd and stacked before and after a Tumnus. After 30 mins, could barely tell the difference. This is mental, I've got a Tumnus, an Elements and a Friedman BE OD, that's more than enough for any f***er.
    I think you need a new amp... ;)
  • Grunfeld said:
    I think you need a new amp... ;)
    GAHHH!

I had contemplated putting up a WTB for a Tremoverb or Fender Machete. But I'd never give up my DRRI.
  • Still got a Blackbox available - Klone into a Bluesbreaker is pretty ace.
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2276
    edited January 2017
    Still got a Blackbox available - Klone into a Bluesbreaker is pretty ace.
    Thanks for the offer, mate, but I'm getting great BB tones out of The Elements right now. 
  • @Grunfeld makes a good point fella, the amp may well be the key mate. Something more pedal friendly maybe? Its something to think about
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • @Grunfeld makes a good point fella, the amp may well be the key mate. Something more pedal friendly maybe? Its something to think about
    Definitely contemplated that. Did consider a two channel amp with an effects loop like a Fender Machete. With the Friedman OD, though, I'm sure it's just the volume issue, because it sounded fantastic when the DRRI I tried it through in the shop was cranked higher. It really soared through a Super Reverb, though, but it would through a 2x12.
  • There's something nice about Fender cleans isn't there, I love em too!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • There's something nice about Fender cleans isn't there, I love em too!
    They're too good.