Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

JJ Retro - any good?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• welshboyo said:
    welshboyo said:
    Cardiff Guitars have one in stock, previously reduced to £350 in their sale.....and it still hasn't sold - though they've bumped the price back up now. Nice guitars but knowing your guitar history from years of posts and for sale ads on here, it won't compete.
    Haha, thats the one I've seen....hmm, OK might take a spin over dinnertime (its 5 minutes from my work) and might take a gamble if I can get it for £300...

and I'll take a look at the JD Tele as well....
    Haven't Cardiff Guitars closed down? 
    Wouldn't be surprised, Simon looked really rough last time I was in there..

I'll find out dinnertime
    Last couple of times I've tried to swing by, it's been closed, and the website hasn't been updated for months...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2462
    I like mine (I have the 2xP90 one). If you ask me it's a lot nicer than  PRS SE, but personal preference and all that. Pickups could probably ideally do with a swap, and the body/cutaway shape makes hitting the 22nd fret a little awkward, but other than that I like it a lot. That being said the cheaper you get it, the better. :D
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28444
    Loobs said:
    I think the bloke was trying to relaunch a few years ago.
    The JJ brand has been through a few owners through the years.

I think the brand includes the name on the headstock and the body designs, plus (possibly) a stock of woods.

The current owner has been at the last couple of Great British Guitar Shows, and I've had a couple of chats with him.  Think it's more of a hobby business nowadays.

I've had a couple of them through the years.  A goldtop that I bought from @cloudnine (and nearly bought back a few months ago) which was good but not good enough to avoid the sacrificial sell, and a twin P90 raw rocker that is firmly on my "never sell" list.  In fact, I sold a Gibson LP DC JR Faded (which everyone raves about) in preference to selling my JJ, because the JJ is that good.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Weren't they originally jj hucke guitars iirc? Now they were amazing f