Buckle cover

What's Hot
Hi,

looking to avoid buckle rash, I've seen a massive buckle cover from these http://www.amplifiercoversonline.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=378

but little else. Any ideas / links,

Cheers,
Andy
3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Beer towel from your friendly local hostelry does the trick.  And looks less like a handbag attachment.
    I'd imagine 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Er, don't wear a belt?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30358
    A codpiece made of foam rubber could offset any damage made by a belt buckle or you could wear braces.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74493
    Wear your belt with the buckle moved round to over the left pocket.

I got this from Nik Kershaw c.1984 :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I've always worn my belts of centre, I'm known as the legend of the side belt! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah, I do that too but was just considering alternatives...also I'm skinny so need to wear a belt, I'm too old for prison "fashion"... :)
  • Sporran?

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Wear no trousers?

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 25006
    edited December 2016
    Actually shirt over trouser is the easiest solution - assuming your buckle isn't too aggressive in nature....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • elasticated waist?
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Get a vintage Gretsch Country Gent with a padded back. Sorted.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andyg_prsandyg_prs Frets: 67
    edited December 2016
    Ha ha, this thread has taken an unexpected turn.  

I guess I shouldn't have posted from my phone so I could explain further.  I have a couple of these that have seemed to work well in the past...they've got expensive and a bit of a pain to import now: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scratch-Pad-ScratchPad-Removable-Guitar-Belt-Buckle-Rash-Finish-Protector-/291838336092?var=&hash=item43f2eb9c5c:m:mBvKfYFDPZCZiPCZWPZU86g  plus I'm not convinced if they would prevent indentations as well as scratches - all dependent on the guitar finish...which varies guitar to guitar.

I turn my belt sideways when I remember but it's a bit awkward.....my buckle isn't very aggressive but just using my t-shirts wouldn't give my confidence protecting my new Suhr for example.  

I'm not going to start wearing elasticated trousers....or tena pads or anything else  ;)

I googled looking for a simple soft, perhaps padded "sleeve" I could put over my belt buckles....I guess I envisaged something a bit like the neoprene material they make wrist supports and the like from....I may end buying the material and putting something together myself....the first link I included looks ungainly.....a bit like I think a beer towel would be...and of course it could fall off.

I'll let people know what I come up with.

Merry Xmas one and all 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Rope belt like this shouldn't harm a thin nitro finish.

Image result for knotted string belt
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1408
    Actually shirt over trouser is the easiest solution - assuming your buckle isn't too aggressive in nature....
    I had a period where all my tshirts had holes around the belt buckle area from the guitar rubbing the shirt against the buckle! I wear my guitar higher now. 
  • I'm tending towards buying the 230mm x 40mm kit of this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Witch-McNett-neoprene-glue-repair-kit-patches-for-SCUBA-wetsuit-drysuit-/381838286570?var=&hash=item58e755deea:m:mbzXPc_hN0vE3kDDtUSiTlA  The idea being to make 2 or 3 covers just big enough to slide on and off the buckle....in black and so pretty much invisible....
  • FezFez Frets: 577
    wrist style sweatband over the buckle.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    You could stop playing guitar..

;) 
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74493
    andyg_prs said:

I turn my belt sideways when I remember but it's a bit awkward...
    I just got into the habit of doing it all the time - it became normal, so I didn't forget. If you fit the belt starting at the next loop round from normal it's easy.

I only stopped doing it when wearing chinos with a smart thin belt went out of fashion… it doesn't look as good with jeans and a cowboy buckle. So probably about 1987 for everyone else, and 1992 for me :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Bow tie is optional.
  • Wear it low and use your manly bulge to push the guitar away from the buckle. 

Prerequisite: one c*ck push-up per day strength training.