Which (budget) Cab Mic?

not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
Thinking of getting a Sennheiser E606, but are there any decent budget alternatives, ideally cheaper. 

I like the flat format so I can just dangle it over the cab (I used to have one).

I've got a vague recollection that someone back on MR recommended an alternative, but I can't recall the details. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Superlux pra 628 mk ii.

Nope,i don't have one, but I asked exactly the same question a while back and got that response. I'm ordering mine in a week or two, so I can let you know how I get on.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Nice one, I reckon that's the one I saw posted about before (from Thomann IIRC).
  • That's it. On eBay, there is a store that does it for 46 quid free post, comes with lead and clamp, so a pretty sweet deal! I suspect the limiting factor will be the pod studio, rather than the mic itself.

If I get on really well, I'll probably get a sennheiser as well, use one for room and one for close mic.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12723
    +1 for the Superlux. Great mic for the money
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2343
    I bought a peavey pvm45 ir from amazon for £29. Done a few gigs with it on my amp and it sounds decent to me. Also used a sansom q7 in the past which is fine as well.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Well in the end I bought another E606. Must remember not to sell this one like I did the last!