Gretsch G5622T-CB new guitar day. Photo added

What's Hot
CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 894
edited December 2016 in Guitar
Ok. So photos to follow. This is Xmas present from my fiance. I have a cabronita but never a Gretsch. It sounds so so good

But I can't quite figure out all the switches and online isn't helping me as much as I would like.

From what I can tell there is one tone control. One master volume. 

A pick up selector that I am taking it. Is neck middle then bridge. Not sure how the mini toggle works. Does it add combinations of the pickups together ?

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MossMoss Frets: 2409
    3 volumes, 1 tone, 1 master volume

The first switch is a standard 3 way for the neck and bridge

The second switch switches the middle pickup in and out
    Stop crying, start buying
  • Ok cool.  Thank you.

Sounds stunning. Might be my favourite guitar I've ever had. And I have had so many. Don't know why I didn't try a gretsch sooner

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

If it's anything like my single cut version, it'll be fantastic

What colour did you get?
  • Congratulations. It's nice to see some Gretsch love on here.

• It's the green one. I played it in Derby in a shop called foulds. I didn't know I was getting it. 

It just played so well in the shop,through a remarkable sounding orange solid state as well. I have the AD30 valve amp at rehearsal, so looking forward to trying it there.

I would have been happy with a pedal so it was a surprise.

Green here too!

HNGD
  • Thanks @Moss ;

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8499
    Cool guitar :)

where's the pickies?
  • Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 894
    edited December 2016
    Here we go. @TheMarlin. Will take some more. But a quick photo for you.

• Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Used this in rehearsal. It sounds huge. I need to modify my playing a little I think. So much sustain. It likes the Rat more than the fuzz and seems happier on the fender or vox than the orange amp. But wow epic guitar for the money

I highly recommend this mod for any tension bar Bigsby.  It removes the stiffness from the B70, makes it much more responsive, improves tuning stability, and relieves some of the string tension, makes bends easier.  

Awesome bit of kit.  I've got three installed. 

Also, get Squishy spring upgrade while you're at it.  Worth every penny.  

Here is a thread I did on the mk1 version of the tuning stabiliser.  Newer version is a much simpler installation, and does away with the axle from the roller ridge. 

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/29433/how-to-improve-a-bigsby-b50-b70-and-make-it-feel-more-like-a-b6
  • Hmmm I think I could do with that. Tuning is a little south. I assumed it was the light strings that came stock

Hmmm I think I could do with that. Tuning is a little south. I assumed it was the light strings that came stock

Look at the string path, over the bridge, under the B70 roller, and back up to the back of the Bigsby. 

The B70 has a plastic roller bar bearing. It compresses under all that tension, and doesn't spin. So, the string tension there, and surface area of the roller contributor towards tuning instability.  

I've modded many a mid priced Gretsch.  Expensive pickups, wiring loom changes, hardware upgrades etc etc....

this Bigsby Tuning Stabilizer is the best mod I've ever done, and one of the easiest.   I can't recommend it highly enough.  
  • I think that looks great. Maybe when I get paid