Acoustics in Coda, aka "Should I buy a black Dove?"

What's Hot
stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27137
edited December 2016 in Acoustics
They have a Dove in black at the moment which I would *love* a replacement for my own. My only hesitations if it's not as good a guitar as my existing one.

Anyone fancy a trip in on my behalf?! D
The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SOMEONE RESPOND AND VALIDATE MY GAS!!

RARRRRRGHHH!!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yes, you should definitely buy it. Just don't take it outside in the sun in your locale. Or expect it to be a good guitar ;)
  • elkayelkay Frets: 78
    Nah, you'll hate it when it shows up all fingerprints.
  • elkay said:
    Nah, you'll hate it when it shows up all fingerprints.
    I really don't think that would be a dealbreaker...  :p 

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72494
    Buy it.

So I'm not tempted to do the same :).

It's a good price.

And possibly the best-looking acoustic guitar ever made.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:
    Buy it.

So I'm not tempted to do the same :).

It's a good price.

And possibly the best-looking acoustic guitar ever made.
    You see this is PRECISELY the feelings I'm dealing with. 

It's a clear 600 quid cheaper than any other on the market right now and looks spectacular. Then once it arrives I just sell whichever I like less between that and my existing one. This Coda one is also a 2014, which means it's still an appropriate 30th birthday guitar (and I would've bought the black one without a second thought if given the option..). I also don't think I'd lose any money except the shipping cost. 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    Yeah, no problem. Send me the money and I'll "buy" it for you and "send" it to you.
  • No buy a Martin instead

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4316
    No. Painted acoustics look wrong, and the pickguard is a joke. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27137
    edited December 2016
    CHRISB50 said:
    No. Painted acoustics look wrong, and the pickguard is a joke. 
    At this point it's probably worth noting that I already have a regular Dove with the same glorious scratchplate and bright red flamed back and sides...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4316
    As long as you love them, that's what counts. 
    There was no intention to piss on your chips. 

I like my acoustics au natural. Everybody is different. 

If you get it, I hope it's a good one.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• GassageGassage Frets: 30931
    If you do, very limited resale

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

Gassage said:
    If you do, very limited resale
    Other than to people with unusually good taste, then it's worth more than a standard one :).

I'd be very interested if I thought I could sell my standard one for the same or more too, but they're not worth quite as much.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I don't think it'd be any harder sell than a regular one. I have the advantage of living somewhere with no good guitar shops within 1000 miles and a chunky number of middle aged westerners earning tax-free income...
    Given the option of the black one and the normal one at the same price, the black one would have to be a total dog for me to even think about buying the normal one. It's just a shame I didn't have the option when I bought mine, and I don't now have fifteen hundred pounds to tie up in something with the hope of getting twelve back for my one later.

• ICBM said:
    Given the option of the black one and the normal one at the same price, the black one would have to be a total dog for me to even think about buying the normal one. It's just a shame I didn't have the option when I bought mine, and I don't now have fifteen hundred pounds to tie up in something with the hope of getting twelve back for my one later.
    This exactly my position. I'm not sure I want the hassle, but it would be SO good if it's not a complete pile of shit.