Always loved this track - solo or legs - your call!

What's Hot
VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4972
Just reminiscing and came across an old favourite.  Pat Benatar live - 'hit me with your best shot' - always liked the lead solo too.  And I used to have a real crush on her - incredible power voice, fab body and legs that went on forever!   And all from a girl who was 5' nothing.  <3 

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    I was a big Pat Benatar fan. Her and the music.
  • Yeah great solo... on the studio version. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4972
    Yeah great solo... on the studio version. 
    Yeah, I like the studio solo too...not easy to play it live but a great well worked solo devised and played by Scott Sheet.  
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • Voxman said:
    Yeah, I like the studio solo too...not easy to play it live but a great well worked solo devised and played by Scott Sheet.  

... so it was not played by her husband on the record?
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4972
    edited December 2016
    Voxman said:

... so it was not played by her husband on the record?
    Good question..she married Neil Giraldo (lucky bugger) in 1982, and this track was released in 1980 so I think Neil might have played guitar and did the lead on the studio version.  But to tell you the truth I don't know and I can't seem to find anything to clarify.
  • Used to play this in my last band. Tricky solo to pull off (*snigger*) live, especially if the band rush the song.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4268
    Neil Geraldo's tone iirc was often referred to as the "squealing pig"
  • Used to play this in my last band. Tricky solo to pull off (*snigger*) live, especially if the DRUMMER rushes the song.
    FTFY
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Foxy!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
    I never liked her or the music personally. I remember thinking at the time that her hubby was a decent guitarist on the solos though.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2774
    I gig this fairly regularly,  I can't say the solo does a lot for me, apart from the ascending hammered run it always feel like a bunch of random licks joined together as noodling.   That is a cool run though.  
    I always thought it was NG that played it too.  
  • John_P said:
    I gig this fairly regularly,  I can't say the solo does a lot for me, apart from the ascending hammered run it always feel like a bunch of random licks joined together as noodling.   That is a cool run though.  
    I always thought it was NG that played it too.  
    Yeah, I never particularly liked it. It doesn't fit under my fingers very well at all.

R.