Pedal order for me..

What's Hot
skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 7024
Hi guys. I know there is a general order to what pedals go where, but for me I'm wondering if it will matter. 

I have a boss oc-3 octave going into the front of my amp (id be ridiculed if I told you what amp). 

I've just picked up the marshall regenerator which was £25 in pmt's sale. 

Didnt know whether it mattered if I put the marshall or the boss first? 

Also, suppose I only ever have one of them on at a time, would order matter then? I doubt I'd ever have both pedals switched on at the same time you see. 

Or do pedals that are off still effect the signal and make it so that you should have them in the proper order anyway? 

Thanks all! 

My knowledge about pedals is slim, but Im of the understanding that both the boss octave and the marshall regenerator (chorus, flanger, phaser) are called modulation effects. 

I read up about orders, ie. tuners first, then distortions etc, but nothing about what order pedals should go in if they are of the same category. Ie 2 modulations! 
The only easy day, was yesterday...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Octavers don't really count in the modulation category

They usually work best when they 'see' the raw guitar sound so should probably be first in the chain
    Stop crying, start buying
  • NeckwringerNeckwringer Frets: 357
    edited December 2016
    Hey man make sure you switch them both on at the same time for sure otherwise you may be missing a trick and shuffle them around too just to see what happens and then get another six or so and cobble them together in what ever order you feel like.........rock n roll.
    Have you got a Behringer amp ?.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74493
    If they're never on at the same time, put the Boss first - because it's buffered, whereas the Marshall has "half bypass" so will suck a little tone if directly connected to the guitar, which the Boss will then stop.

If you might want to put them on at the same time, try it both ways, but I would still expect it to sound better with the Boss first.

You'll only be ridiculed for your amp if it's a Dumble...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30209
    I would love to hear the Marshall into the Boss into the amp with plenty of dirt.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4972
    Fx section for this surely?
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74493
    Sporky said:
    I would love to hear the Marshall into the Boss into the amp with plenty of dirt.
    "Some men just want to watch the world burn."

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 7024
    Sozzle for the wrong section! 

Cheers all for the replies. :)
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • Octave then chorus. The tracking on the octaves would be bolloxed otherwise.