SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB LP Junior historic SC 57

HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16070
edited December 2016 in Guitars £

a wee feeler tae see what's out there.....maybe get myself the guitar just after new year.....

GOT TAE BE a single cut and no sunburst thanks very much....a historic 57 is what I am after

drop us a PM if you have anythin' in mind

tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16070
    bumpers
    tae be or not tae be
    happy new year folks  :)
    tae be or not tae be
    buuuuuuuuuuump
    tae be or not tae be
    and again
    tae be or not tae be
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6936
    Good luck with this one!

I wanted a sunburst one and Couldnt find many options out there. They are like rocking horse shit...

What's your budget?

Peach have a new cherry one for £1799

Greenwoods have a used one for ~£2k in white at the moment. But considering you could have bought it here for less than £1300 a few weeks I wouldn't recommend that one!

So it might be worth asking Peach for a deal as thy have had that one in stock for months...
    Previously known as stevebrum

the wise Peeps on here have said that the "price to pay" is between 1200 and 1.5

thanks Steve.... :) I shall go and "have a look" at the Peach number

tae be or not tae be
    can only find a new one at 2229   ^
    tae be or not tae be
    Iamnobody said:
    Good luck with this one!

I wanted a sunburst one and Couldnt find many options out there. They are like rocking horse shit...

What's your budget?

Peach have a new cherry one for £1799

Greenwoods have a used one for ~£2k in white at the moment. But considering you could have bought it here for less than £1300 a few weeks I wouldn't recommend that one!

So it might be worth asking Peach for a deal as thy have had that one in stock for months...

you got a linky Steve for the Peach guitar?

@Iamnobody

tae be or not tae be
    edited January 2017
    Steve, I tells you what puts me off here....see the last pic (of the fretboard) 2nd fret between the e and b.......I don't care for them pores like that.....I had a "cheap" regular Gibbo LP junior and the fretboard was woeful....deep grooves and stuff, and for that reason I decided tae upgrade to the historics.....
    tae be or not tae be
    hootsmon said:
    Steve, I tells you what puts me off here....see the last pic (of the fretboard) 2nd fret between the e and b.......I don't care for them pores like that.....I had a "cheap" regular Gibbo LP junior and the fretboard was woeful....deep grooves and stuff, and for that reason I decided tae upgrade to the historics.....
    I know what you mean. At that price you'd expect a nicer piece of rosewood.

Persist and something will come along I'm sure. If you haven't already done so - set up eBay searches for Les Paul junior and jr and hopefully when something comes up you can be straight on it.

Out of frustration of not being able to find one myself I've ordered a custom build replica. But that's another story...
    Previously known as stevebrum

Iamnobody said:
    hootsmon said:
    I know what you mean. At that price you'd expect a nicer piece of rosewood.

Persist and something will come along I'm sure. If you haven't already done so - set up eBay searches for Les Paul junior and jr and hopefully when something comes up you can be straight on it.

Out of frustration of not being able to find one myself I've ordered a custom build replica. But that's another story...

I'm listening Bro....

tae be or not tae be
    snagglepuss
    tae be or not tae be
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6831
    edited January 2017
    @hootsmon, I recently sold (as some of you may know) my '56 sunburst SC Junior. My reasons are on a couple of my threads, including the sales thread....and replaced it with a CS re-issue '57, in cherry. 
    I have to say that the difference between the two in playability and sound is minimal and in terms of my ability to relax with not owning an instrument that I was scared of gigging and just getting it out there, I really think I've done the right thing. Go for it, you really won't regret it! 
    cheers M  :)
    tae be or not tae be
    bumpy
    tae be or not tae be