Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Anybody else like this guitar? Unusual finish content ...

What's Hot
4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3132
edited December 2016 in Guitar tFB Trader
Been looking at paisley Telecasters and Strats and came across this wonderful custom shop creation - no idea why, but I'm strangely in love with the finish! Float anyone else's boat?

link here: http://www.rainbowguitars.com/guitar/fender/custom-shop-ltd-1957-stratocaster-heavy-relic-seafoam-green-over-pink-paisley/9235302357/fe
4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Yeah, I'd have it..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3757
    Looks stupid, It looks like its designed to part fools with their money.
    Only sayin.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30358
    My boat just sank.
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4972
    Yuk! :#
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    usedtobe said:
    Yeah, I'd have it..
    But not at that price!  :o
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
    edited December 2016
    yeuchhhh .... not for me. I don't like those relics with a different finish underneath. 

I like relics in general, but the plastic all looks too new to my eyes. 
  • Weirdly....I quite like it.....
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11680
    Ugh.

Why?
  • I don't get relics at the best of times, but why anyone would prefer that over a nice pink paisley is beyond me.
  • It doesn't mortally offend me... but I'd almost certainly prefer either of the two colours in its own right. 
  • wellsyboywellsyboy Frets: 460
    edited December 2016
    'kin 'orrible - although I could understand wanting to paint over a paisley finish on a strat - eeeeuuuuwwwww! But to make one deliberately? I don't see the point - just makes a thicker finish
  • My biggest objection remains the use of pink paisley on a Strat. Otherwise, no problem
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11726
    Mods can we have a yuk button
  • My biggest objection remains the use of pink paisley on a Strat. Otherwise, no problem
    +1
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74493
    I think we're fast approaching the time when Fender will offer a replica 60s Strat with filled Floyd and humbucker routs, screw holes behind the nut, bored-out headstock from mini-Schallers with oversize collars, traces of dayglo yellow paint in the cavities and a fake-relic "original" finish that's deliberately designed to look like it was done yesterday.

And then the world will disappear up its own backside.

Unless of course this has already happened and I've missed it in the other 5,203 Strat models they do.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1826
    ICBM said:
    I think we're fast approaching the time when Fender will offer a replica 60s Strat with filled Floyd and humbucker routs, screw holes behind the nut, bored-out headstock from mini-Schallers with oversize collars, traces of dayglo yellow paint in the cavities and a fake-relic "original" finish that's deliberately designed to look like it was done yesterday.

And then the world will disappear up its own backside.

Unless of course this has already happened and I've missed it in the other 5,203 Strat models they do.

Isn't the Gilmour relic strat sort of similar to that description?
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Nasty.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74493
    gubble said:

Isn't the Gilmour relic strat sort of similar to that description?
    Not quite as bad as that, but it does have a fake filled Kahler rout - I assume they didn't actually go to the trouble of fitting a real Kahler and then removing it…

I can *just about* see the point of that since it's a replica of a particular famous iconic guitar, but it's still a bit silly.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    Err... nope!
    We are all Chameleons...
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    The seafoam green looks great (would look even better covering the whole body). The relicing and the paisley underneath looks crap and seems totally wrong on a 57 Strat, at least do it on a late 60's model.