Thinking of building a Studio...

57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7345
edited January 2014 in Studio & Recording
This has been on my mind for ages. Have done all the research, costings, blokies round to give advice on the building validity where and how I want it. I just need to take that 20K out my saves for it and live with a mud pile for God knows how long what with our weather right now...

Thought would post some pics/mockups and get your views... Nothing excessive, a place to play, work, record and also use for extra accommodation...keep me logs dry... lawnmower...

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Comments

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2092
    edited January 2014

Nice idea but..I would ditch the Hammond Organ ...and the shed, have a live room instead !.

I assume the 20K is for the building and you already have the recording kit? 

Or...Just buy a self build log cabin for about 8k -10k , concrete base...job done.

http://www.logcabins.co.uk/

http://dunsterhouse.co.uk/garden-offices

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10455

It's a nice idea but sound goes straight through wood, you wouldn't have any isolation against noise getting in or upsetting your neighbours etc. Maybe that's not a prob where you are though. 

If it was me I'll build the walls out of concrete blocks and then flank that with shiplap on the outside and wallboard on the inside to make it look like it does in your pic
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7345
    Yes - this is an oak frame kit and the £20k includes the base and linings. The bare bones wood frame/cladding is £10k

The reason I have considered this construction is because it can be considered permitted development and will compliment the age and style of the property.

Oh and Fcuk the neighbours - they do what they want without regard for me!

(isn't a Hammond! is from a great website with all sorts of icons for roomset design including the guitars on stands!)

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Great if it's just a hobby studio, but for any serious work I'd advise having the speakers firing down the room rather than across it (seems that way from your seating position). Also doesn't seem to leave much room for acoustic treatment.

If it's just for fun and a place to have an extra bed, then good!
    Not the model boy of the village
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8495
    57Deluxe said:

The difference may well be that they make annoying noises all the time - parties, screaming kids, amateur space program, but when you annoy them with guitar noise they'll call the police round and the evidence of you being a social menace will be right there in your garden in a way that's hard to hide or explain away, ever if you believe you're being very reasonable.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7345
    Cirrus said:
    57Deluxe said:

The difference may well be that they make annoying noises all the time - parties, screaming kids, amateur space program, but when you annoy them with guitar noise they'll call the police round and the evidence of you being a social menace will be right there in your garden in a way that's hard to hide or explain away, ever if you believe you're being very reasonable.
    OK - won't build it then.
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>