Software experts, on some YouTube videos - sound out of sync with video..

RockerRocker Frets: 5009
edited January 2017 in Making Music
Is there any way to synchronise the video and sound on some YouTube videos? Perhaps there is some way to download a video thus ruling out the delay on the broadband link. Thanks.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RockerRocker Frets: 5009
    Can anyone please help sort this problem out for me...
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1276
    edited January 2017
    It would probably help to say what operating system and browser you're using.

I'm no techie but I've experienced similar problems on my old Win7 laptop (running Firefox). That seemed to be due to the implementation on the HTML5 player on YouTube. I got over it by installing an add on in Firefox ('YouTube Flash Player') that forces YouTube to run in Flash Player which solved the sync problems. In Firefox I also have an add on ('YouTube Video and Audio Downloader') that allows downloading of YouTube content.

Hope that's of some help.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5009
    Thanks @steamabacus, Windows 10 running Google Chrome.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• I've never used Chrome so I don't know anything about it.

My new laptop is Win10, running Firefox, and I have no problems with video sync any more. On the old Win7 machine I noticed the problem was worst on videos shot at 50 frames per second (assuming I'm;understanding what 1080/50 quality is referring to) - maybe it was to do with processor speed (the laptop was 6 years old).

All I can suggest for you is to try installing Firefox (it's free) and see if videos run better on that.