PHASER PEOPLE!! Small Stones - EHX, any clones?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8573
    Was in a band with someone who had a small stone. He had two break on him then got an mxr.

Get a phase 95 does script and phase 45 so you can do subtle as well as sea sick.

Edit a quick Google suggests it's 4 stage like a 90 anyway. The mxr script switch is the same as the colour switch on the small stone.
    phase90 and small stone are very different sounds to these ears.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    I have an Alexander Pedals La Calavera and it's absolutely fantastic.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17872
    tFB Trader
    dindude said:
    Was in a band with someone who had a small stone. He had two break on him then got an mxr.

Get a phase 95 does script and phase 45 so you can do subtle as well as sea sick.

Edit a quick Google suggests it's 4 stage like a 90 anyway. The mxr script switch is the same as the colour switch on the small stone.

Yeah they do sound different, but it depends on how fixated you are on that sound.
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1629
    Blackout Whetstone is fabulous, albeit on the large side

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27692
    edited January 2017
    dindude said:

Yeah they do sound different, but it depends on how fixated you are on that sound.
    I'm pretty fixated...  It's the Radiohead thing. Though I think maybe a Phase 45 might get close to what I'm after. Pedalparts do one so might be worth a try.

I'm also slightly confused as I keep seeing things suggesting Matt Bellamy uses a Phase 90 loads and while I know his original Mansons had them onboard I can't think of any obvious uses of it in any songs. More live than on record I guess. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires