Boss Pedal Thumb Screw -- specifications?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7713
    Alnico said:
    M3 - 0.5mm x 15mm grubscrew with a slot head

It won't tighten without a head but it will sit there all night at whatever position you leave it at. Don't forget there is upwards spring tension trying to force the pedal stomp bit upwards so it will not allow the grub screw to turn.

Done.
    that's fine when it is just sitting there, but if it is being stomped all night it could easily work loose. 

Grun I'd just get something thin nd long enough to fit through, with a small head, and use a bit of strong black tape to stop it wriggling backwards in use. Done. 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2987
    tFB Trader
    Alnico is on the money. Logically it's going to be metric and it's going to be bought-in, therefore a standard thread. Mine measures 2.88mm which is typical for an M3 screw. Ebay is full of m3 thumb screws (use in computers a lot) so for ~£3 I'd get some. I saw one very like the Boss, with a plastic head. But almost anything would do, they're not rammed in super-tight, though the plastic head gives a bit of mild friction lock.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4067
    edited January 2017
    Cheers all,
    Just to confirm that it's an M3 bolt, at least 10mm long.  I got ten from ebay for about £1.20.
    I also needed a counter sink tool to drill the Boss (thought I had one but gawd knows where I put it)

I wondered if it would need a blob of Loctite but it's not going anywhere.

And the great news is that it fits in the pedal board case.
    The less than great news is that since I've got it back from loaning it to the singer the modulation option is flakey.  How do you break a Boss?  How? 
    Anyway, the digital, analog, and reverse seem fine, didn't test the Hold function, but it's the Modulate that I use more than any other setting!
    So, if anyone wants an "as is" DD-7 for say £15+postage then PM.  I'll even include the original thumb screw!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom