I just won a guitar ;)

What's Hot
Over here in Ireland we have a "Guitarist Ireland" group and the kind mods there have a raffle in aid of Crumlin childrens hospital at Xmas time. A lot of local shops and luthiers etc donate their time and their skills and wares to this cause...
So far the mods have gotten Pete Thorn. Greg Howe,  and Tim Pierece amongst many others to include video messages for this good cause!
Anyways, the draw was this morning and Muggins here won a Ltd Viper 401FM "Sg" ;)
Thrilled as I wouldnt win an argument normally!

PLease check out the thread/group on FB and next year join in and throw a few bob towards a great cause ---- 
At the moment the count is over 20K raised by the raffle!

Well done to everyone involved, I know a few members lurk here =)

Thanks for your time guys!
Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
0reaction image LOL 13reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Congratulations! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2934
    Nice :)
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 4159
    Dibs?
  • pics

• RolandRoland Frets: 9128
    Pics or it didn't happen
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7348
    Mate, nice one!

We want a pics!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks lads,
    I've to arrange to get it collected so defo NGD pics in the coming week =)
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5110
    Enjoy your new guitar my friend.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1820
    Nice! Congratulations!
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1649
    I've probably entered 1000's of competitions and all I've won is an 16gb Lowest Model iPad Mini, a 64GB 4G Nexus 7 and a £10 M&S Voucher.
  • MotorhateMotorhate Frets: 238
    Well done mate. Sounds like you're from the same part of the world as my parents. They were from the Liberties in Dublin.
    Guitars: ESP Viper | BC Rich Mockingbird Pro X | Jackson RR5 | Washburn Custom shop Idol | Schecter C1 Stealth | Schecter Blackjack AX-7 | Washburn “Billy Club” Idol | Washburn “Nick Catanese” Idol - Amps: Peavey 5150 60w Combo | Peavey 6505 120w head | Peavey JSX 120w head | Blackstar HT-1 Combo

• WezVWezV Frets: 17499
    I've probably entered 1000's of competitions and all I've won is an 16gb Lowest Model iPad Mini, a 64GB 4G Nexus 7 and a £10 M&S Voucher.

so you have won decent prizes then. Don't be so ungrateful ;)

I don't think I have ever won anything in a competition like that.  Maybe a bottle of wine in a raffle.   Although, I was given a scratchcard at xmas, and won £100 from it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1649
    edited January 2017
    WezV said:

so you have won decent prizes then. Don't be so ungrateful

I don't think I have ever won anything in a competition like that.  Maybe a bottle of wine in a raffle.   Although, I was given a scratchcard at xmas, and won £100 from it.

I have won decent prizes, but nothing that exciting. Also, that was 3 years ago, all in the same week.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 3095
    tFB Trader
    Very nice mate, happy NGD :)
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 7024
    Nice one!! I've only ever won a useless item.. it was at a car show, I entered a raffle and was picked to win the 'top prize' much to my surprise.. 

it was a pair of headrests with built in tv/monitors in the back. 

usless to me as I never sit in the back while driving. Also they were trimmed in lovely black leather, so didnt exactly match my shit stained and cigarette burned french fabric seats.. 

Ebayed em later that day. 

I did find a fiver on the floor once though.
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • Nice one!  HNGD!